When starting an online business in Canada, many people tend to choose managed shared hosting services to mitigate costs. This is a great starting point, as it saves you time and money while allowing you to progress with your business. With managed hosting, the provider takes care of all the technical aspects relating to your site, leaving you free to handle the business side of things. As your business starts to grow and your profits increase, the next logical step is to transition to a managed Canadian VPS hosting plan. See five managed VPS hosting companies in Canada.
GreenGeeks Web Hosting is a provider with many different data center locations. The locations are in Chicago, Phoenix, Amsterdam, Montreal, and Toronto, making them a good choice for Canadian companies.
GreenGeeks has three managed VPS hosting plans:
- Firstly, its first one has 2GB of RAM and 50GB of SSD Disk Space. It comes in at $39.95 monthly.
- Secondly, the second plan has 4GB of RAM and 75 GB of SSD Disk Space. Its monthly cost is $59.95.
- Finally, the third plan has 8GB of RAM and 150 GB of SSD Disk Space. It costs $109.95 monthly.
GreenGeeks provides an uptime of 99.98%, meaning that your website will be functional nearly all the time. Their speeds are also very fast, at 445ms per loading page.
Besides this, they are 300% energy-efficient through the purchase of green energy credits,
HostGator has been an established company for almost 20 years and currently hosts over 2 million websites. They offer an assortment of managed VPS hosting plans, depending on your specific needs.
- Firstly, the Snappy 2000 plan offers 2GB of RAM and 120GB disc space. The introductory price for this one is $19.95 monthly.
- Secondly, the Snappy 4000 plan is larger, providing 4GB of RAM and 165GB disk space. Starting prices for this plan come in at $29.95 per month.
- Finally, the third plan is the Snappy 8000. This one includes 8GB of RAM and 240GB of disk space, and its price is $39.95 per month.
The uptime of HostGator is around 99.98%. They also provide a decent loading speed, at an average of 1,030ms per page.
HostUpon VPS Hosting Companies Canada
HostUpon has been an established company since 2007 and currently hosts clients in over 120 different countries. They offer an assortment of managed VPS hosting plans, depending on your unique requirements.
- Firstly, the VPS-50 plan offers 1GB of RAM and 50GB disk space. The introductory price for this one is $69.95 monthly.
- Secondly, the VPS-75 plan is larger, providing 1.5GB of RAM and 75GB disc space. Starting prices for this plan come in at $89.95 per month.
- Finally, the next plan is the VPS-100. This one includes 2GB of RAM and 100GB disk space. The price of this plan is $110.95 monthly.
The uptime of HostGator is around 99.90%. They also have a blog section of their website, where they upload helpful tips relating to online businesses.
HostPapa is a Canadian web hosting provider that often offers discounts to clients. This company’s IT agents manage the servers for their clients, allowing them to focus on their core operations. Some of their plans include the following:
- Firstly, the Mercury plan is their basic managed VPS option. It includes 2GB of RAM and 60GB SSD storage. The cost is $19.99 monthly.
- Secondly, the Earth plan is more powerful, with 8GB of RAM and 250GB of SSD storage. It starts at $109.99 monthly.
- Finally, the Jupiter plan is their most powerful one. It offers 32GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD storage. Its starting price is $249.99 monthly.
HostPapa guarantees an uptime of 99.90% and 24/7 customer service.
DynamicHosting VPS Hosting Companies Canada
DynamicHosting is a Canadian company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. It has three main managed VPS hosting plans for clients.
- Firstly, Bronze plan has 2GB of RAM and 40GB of SSD storage. It comes in at $25.95 monthly.
- Secondly, the Silver plan has 4GB of RAM and 80GB of SSD storage. Its price is $47.95 monthly.
- Finally, the Gold plan has 6GB of RAM and 160GB of SSD storage. Its price is a little steeper, at $99.95 monthly.
DynamicHosting offers an uptime of 99.99% and offsets 100% of their energy usage with carbon credits.