Search engine optimization (SEO) plays a vital role in your web traffic, conversions, and sales. However, increasing your ranking in search engines doesn’t happen overnight, and even those who consider themselves as SEO experts require continuous learning. It’s because SEO is always changing, so you need to be abreast with the trends and updates to ensure that your SEO strategies will work. In this article, we’ll explain why your SEO isn’t working.
Why Your SEO Isn’t Working
Has your ranking dipped from a high position when you first launched your website? Are you not satisfied with the results of your SEO campaign? Are you stuck on Google’s second page? Here are the reasons your SEO isn’t working:
1 – Unrealistic Goals
Websites that rank number one on search engines invested a lot of time, money, and effort to be where they are right now. If you want your site to rank on top, you’ve got to have a strong SEO profile by starting setting realistic and practical goals.
Here’s how you can set the right goals for your website:
- Be clear with the purpose of your SEO strategy. Your SEO marketing goals may include one or a combination of the following: increase brand awareness, improve conversion rate, generate qualified leads, or generate more sales. While you want to attain a good score in everything, focusing on one goal at a time will help you create a more solid and concrete plan, influencing other website goals like a domino effect.
- Assess and determine the best SEO platform to market your business – whether it is Facebook, Instagram, Quora, YouTube, or others.
- Seek help from professional SEO agencies, such as the SEO company Clicks from Search, to guide you in planning the best SEO strategies for you.
2 – Poor-Quality Content
If you want long-term growth, you have to remember that the first key to be successful in SEO is creating high-quality content. High-quality content brings organic traffic, driving more visitors to your website and retaining more customers that buy your products and services. Google won’t allow dirty tactics embedded on web contents that can affect user experience.
Here’s how to create high-quality web content:
- Focus on the latest news, trends, and events to keep your brand or business up to date with current affairs.
- Create time-tested evergreen web content, which remains relevant for many years to come.
- Earn organic traffic by uploading informative and helpful YouTube videos.
- Guest blog on top-level blogs and significant publications.
- Share relevant content through social media.
3 – Neglecting Social Media Presence
Don’t miss the “social media” element when creating an SEO campaign. While generated links from social media platforms like Facebook don’t provide SEO benefits directly, it’s still a vital part of your SEO campaign.
Social media is an effective digital marketing strategy that can help you with the following:
- Identifying your target audience
- Improving brand awareness
- Earning organic traffic
- Increasing customer engagement
4 – Failure to Maintain a Professional Website
A professional website can instantly engage visitors and convert them into leads. You’ve got to have a responsive and engaging website to encourage more online users to stay on your site, explore it, and eventually decide to use your products and services.
Here are the qualities of a professional website:
- Secure: Use a secure web host with an SSL certificate and firewalls.
- Fast loading time: Maintain 1 to 2 seconds page load time to retain visitors and avoid user frustration.
- User-friendly navigation: Use clear and easy-to-read fonts with adequate whitespace for a clean and uncluttered look.
- Informative: Upload helpful and high-quality web content that is timely and less focused on advertising.
- Interactive: Provide means for customers to reach and engage with you, such as a dedicated section for comments or a forum and friendly customer service
5 – Outdated SEO Strategies
SEO strategies should evolve with time. Using obsolete methods can cause your campaign to fail. Unlike in the past, keyword stuffing, directory listings, and guest posting don’t have a significant impact on your search ranking results anymore.
Here are the SEO trends you need to know:
- Keyword optimization: Use the right keywords for optimization by conducting detailed keyword research.
- Data verification: A successful SEO campaign involves linking to authority sites.
- Voice search: AI-based systems are popular with the emerging voice-activated devices like Siri and Alexa, so you need to ensure that your content is voice search compatible through answer-and-question-formatted content.
Once you realized the importance of high-quality content, links, right keywords, continuous SEO learning, understand why your SEO isn’t working, and the power of social media, only by then you’ll be able to create an effective and successful SEO campaign. SEO professionals, tools, and courses can help you attain your SEO goals. Implementing the right combination of SEO strategies will give you the best results in achieving the top rank on search engine results.