5 Resume Tips to Make an Impressive App Developer Resume
App development job market grow much faster than a traditional job. Explore 5 resume tips to make an impressive app developer resume this year
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the software and app development job market will see a 22% job growth from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than a traditional job. In this article, we’ll explore five resume tips to make an impressive resume this year for any business searching to hire an app developer.
In this emerging market, you need to have a stellar resume to stand apart from 100s of candidates and get selected for interview. No matter if you have excellent app development skills, if you can not present your skills on the resume in an effective way, you will not get selected for an interview.
In this guide, we will walk you through how to write an impressive mobile app developer resume to get noticed by the recruiters.
Let’s start with the 5 resume tips to improve the App Developer Resume.
Choose the Right Format
There is no single resume format that will work perfectly for every professional. According to your skills and experience, you need to choose the right resume format for yourself.
The correct resume format will dramatically improve your chances of getting noticed by the recruiter and get yourself an interview. Here are 3 standard resume formats that professionals use.
- Reverse chronological: In this resume format, your professional experience information is written in reverse chronological order. This highlights your skills and experience in a progressive manner. This resume format is ideal if you have a lot of experience without career gaps.
- Functional format: This type of resume format focuses on the candidate’s skills rather than years of experience. In a separate section called “summary of skills,” the candidate adds all relevant information related to their expertise in certain areas. Moreover, this format is ideal for candidates with gap years and candidates who are switching careers
- Combination Resume Format: This resume format borrows features from both reverse chronological and functional resumes. This format allows candidates to emphasize skills as well as years of experience. Ideally, this resume format is good for highly specialized senior professionals with 10+ years of experience.
Create a Professional Resume Summary
Recruiters spend an average of 7.4 seconds on a resume. Since a resume summary is the first thing a recruiter will read in a resume, it became a vital section that will determine your chances of getting shortlisted.
Here are some tips for writing a professional app developer resume summary:
- Firstly, always write a resume summary with your years of experience or certification, followed by your job title.
- Secondly, do not write a long summary. So, finish the resume summary within 3-4 lines
- Do not write the resume summary in 1st person and 2nd person pronouns
- Start the resume summary with “possessing skills in,” “highly skilled at,” “proficient in,” etc.
- Finally, write the resume summary in paragraph format. Do not use bullets.
Here is a perfect example of a resume summary for an app development resume:
“4+ years experienced Java certified app developer possessing demonstrated experience in developing IOS & Android applications by adhering to the customers’ requirements. So, Adept at heading the entire application development cycle from conceptualization to compilation phase by liaising with cross developmental teams.”
Write a Professional Experience Section to Make an Impressive App Developer Resume
The professional experience section is where you can showcase your work-related skills and achievements. This section should effectively convey your current and previous experience to the recruiter without much effort. Otherwise, the recruiter will get bored and discard your application.
Here are some ways to improve the professional experience section:
- Always use single-line bullet points when crafting the resume professional experience section since it will improve readability and highlight key accomplishments.
- Start each bullet point with action verbs. It increases the impact of the point. For example, do not write “responsible for managing the application development process.” Instead, write “Overseeing the application development process.”
- Arrange 3-4 bullets under a single relevant subheading. For example, You can club design and prototyping-related bullets under the subheading “Software Designing & Prototyping.”
- Bold important phrases and statistics on bullets to highlight them in front of the recruiters. It also improves readability.
Create A Key Skills Section
Here are some of the key skills for an app developer resume:
- Firstly, Full-stack Designing
- Secondly, Android development and architecture
- Android Jetpack
- Android Platform
- Product Researching
- Interpersonal Skills
- Intuitive Learning
- SaaS Solutions
- End-to-end systems
- Functional programming
- Graphics and image-processing
- Product Inception
- Software Development
- Codebase Maintenance
- IoT integrations
- Multithreaded programming concepts
- Object-oriented design
- Play/App Store submission process
- Unit testing
- Finally, UX/UI Designing
Add Relevant Keywords to Make an Impressive App Developer Resume
You can use the job description to identify keywords and optimize the resume with those keywords to beat the Applicant tracking system and increase your chances of getting shortlisted for a job.
Here is a tested method to do that:
- Firstly, Read the job description and identify keywords that are relevant to the job
- Secondly, Read your professional experience section and identify key skills from it
- Compare both and find out common key skills present in the job description and resume.
- Finally, These are the required keywords for your resume. Now, include these keywords throughout the professional experience section, key skills section, and summary section.
Here are some key takeaways from the blog:
- Firstly, make sure to use the right template for your app development resume according to your requirements.
- Secondly, always place the resume summary on top of the resume below the profile title. Its job is the grab the attention of the recruiters.
- Create the resume summary in paragraph format and the rest of the resume in single-line bullet format.
- Make separate sections for your key skills and technical skills in your app developer resume.
- Finally, do not send the same resume for every job. Read the job description and customize the resume for each job.