5 Tips For Setting Up A Successful WordPress Site
The internet has changed how many individuals earn money. Here are 5 tips to make sure you set up a successful WordPress site to do it.
The internet has changed how many individuals earn money. Small businesses are getting global reach, and more people are learning how to become online entrepreneurs. Whichever method you use to make more money online, building a WordPress site is common advice that experts give. You can use it for blogging or your e-commerce business to make more money online. So, it’s very flexible for your needs. Here are 5 tips to make sure you set up a successful WordPress site.
5 Tips For Setting Up A Successful WordPress Site
Have all the necessary information on your website
Having the complete basic information on your site makes sure that your audience recognizes you. It also helps new audiences in finding you. Go to the Settings area and fill out your information. So, follow it for a successful WordPress site
- Name of your blog/business – Your present or soon to be launched blog or business is sure to have a name. It’s almost always impossible to forget putting this in.
- Your tagline – Your blog or business tagline will help your audience get the gist of your brand. It’s a phrase that’s going to be identified with you, your products, or services. If you don’t have one yet, makes sure that your slogan speaks for your brand in a way that is appealing. Catchy, and easy to remember.
- Your WordPress URL – Search engines will take www.yourdomain.com differently with yourdomain.com, although there is no difference is search ranking. This is more of a personal choice, but remember to be consistent. On this area, place what you use when you share your website on other platforms.
Use a theme that fits your purpose
While WordPress themes to make your blog or business look better. They’ll only look amazing when you use one that provides the purpose of your website. For example, it wouldn’t be a wise choice to pick a theme that’s optimized. So, for e-commerce stores when you want to create an online photography portfolio. In addition, premium themes look much better and run faster than free or default ones, so take time in looking for the perfect theme and invest on it.
Install the best plugins for a successful WordPress site
Many experts and beginners love WordPress because of hundreds of plugins available which help in expanding the functionality of their sites. Some plugins engage visitors, drive traffic, or generate more sales. Depending on your purpose of building a website and your goals, you can choose various plugins to help you out. Some essential plugins regardless of what your site is about are:
- SEO plugin – This is a tool which helps in search engine rankings because it tells Google, Bing, or Yahoo what your page is about, and should be used with other SEO practices. Examples of SEO plugins are WordPress SEO by Yoast, Google Keyword Planner, and SEMrush.
- Backup plugin – This is very helpful in the worst case scenario of losing your website and all the contents you’ve created. Some examples are BackupBuddy, BackUpWordPress, WP-DB-Backup, and UpdraftPlus for a successful WordPress site.
- Security plugin – Besides making sure that the default admin name and password are changed, installing security plugins are important to protect your site. Checkout WordFence, Sucuri, and iThemes Security.
- Contact form plugin – Contact forms are very important for your business as potential or existing customers reach out to you. Popular ones are WinForms, Ninja Forms, and FormCraft, among others.
- Caching plugin – Because WordPress can be slow, most website owners use caching plugins. You can try WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, Comet Cache, or Cachify, and there are others with good reviews as well.
Don’t dump stuff on your sidebar
Don’t treat your sidebar as a space where you want to hold everything. Make sure that this doesn’t become the storage closet you have at home which you hesitate to open because everything’s just going to come tumbling down. Only have the essentials on your sidebar instead of packing it with all your social media icons, ads, customer reviews, etc.
Regularly publish for a successful WordPress site
Since your aim is to make money and raise a successful WordPress site, publishing content regularly is a must. If you’re earning through subscriptions or advertisements, you’re going to need more content than a site that generates income by making work or e-commerce business public. WordPress is also famous as a content managing system (CMS) because of how user-friendly it can be, without the need of programmers or code expertise. Create a strategy for your website’s content by considering the following:
- How often you’re going to post
- What kind of posts are you going to post on particular days or times?
- Which social media platform will you share your published posts too?
- Diversify your content – switch up images, videos, audio content, or blogs
While setting up your WordPress site can take time and a lot of effort, it surely pays off once it will become a successful WordPress site. Don’t hesitate to compare themes, plugins, and tools, or experiment on your content strategy along with providing complete information on your website to launch your way to WordPress website win.