6 Link Building Strategies for Your eCommerce Store
When you start an eCommerce store, your main goal is to get traffic, trust, & sales. See 6 link building strategies for your eCommerce store
When you start an eCommerce store, your main goal is to get more traffic, trust, and sales. To achieve all this, you need to focus on generating inbound links. In this article, we’ll explore 6 link building strategies for your eCommerce store.
Why is link building so important? Because it helps boost your SEO scores and ultimately grow your organic traffic. Of course, it would be ideal if you could hire a professional company offering premium linkbuilding services. However, if you can’t afford that, we’re offering 6 link building strategies you can add to your SEO arsenal to increase your store’s visibility and boost your sales.
1 Improve Your Website’s UX
If you want people to link to your website’s pages, you need to make sure they’re link-worthy. In other words, you might need to upgrade your eCommerce store to be able to generate more links and shares.
There are numerous ways to tweak your website’s UX, but it’s probably best to focus on the deep link pages first. Make sure that your category and product pages are:
- Well-designed and free of errors
- Optimized for SEO and customers
- Unique and in the voice of your brand.
2 Work With Influencers
By partnering with influencers to promote specific products, you can create backlinks to your product pages. They can range from social media influencers, celebrities, and bloggers to popular brand blogs, industry experts, and thought leaders.
However, the benefits of collaborating with influencers go beyond generating natural backlinks. Influencer mentions can also help increase brand awareness and engagement while at the same time improving your SEO ranking, and eventually, enabling you to reach new customers.
3 Start Blogging: Link Building for eCommerce Store
Although blog content has many advantages, many eCommerce retailers put their blogs on the backburner. Only about 60% of the top fashion online stores have an active blog. However, ignoring the high ROI of blog content can be a big mistake. Studies have shown that brands publishing more than 15 articles every month generated 3x more traffic.
Having a blog filled with high-quality, valuable content is a crucial component of every SEO strategy. It not only helps you establish yourself as an expert in your niche, but it gives you a chance to create content that other bloggers will want to share and link to. Here are a few ideas to help you get more links through your blog.
- Be consistent. Make sure to post new blogs regularly but focus on quality instead of quantity. It’s best to start slow (one post a month) and build up gradually.
- Create unique case studies and research blog posts or web content pages. A study by Buzzsumo found that original research content has a much higher backlink rate.
- Create evergreen content, i.e., one that stays relevant for an extended period. This includes significant case studies, infographics, buying guides, and how-to guides.
- Avoid sales and promotional content because it won’t establish you as a trustworthy brand or get you the links you want.
- Link to other relevant content to add value to your readers and improve your overall SEO by retaining traffic on your website for longer.
4 Engage and Socialize: Link Building for eCommerce Store
Social media platforms are crucial to your link building strategy. Start by creating profiles with relevant online store links. As a bare minimum, you should also add cover image descriptions and links to your contact page.
Besides social media, you should also consider being active on forums like Reddit and Quora as these offer great traffic opportunities. Even though the links are no-follow links, it is important to have various them (both do-follow and no-follow) to signal authenticity to search engines.
Not to mention, these forums provide you with a great opportunity to engage with people who are asking specific questions related to your industry while giving you a place where you can show your expertise. By including relevant links in product pages, blog content, and helpful guides, you’ll be able to demonstrate authority not only to the person who’s asking the question but to the millions of website visitors that access the question as well.
5 Build a Brand Ambassador Program
Having people who already love your brand post about you on various platforms and websites is also a great link building strategy.
Give your loyal customers an incentive to share product page links and drive traffic. Think of it as user-generated content and some form of micro-influencing. Make sure you also:
- Be honest and upfront.
- Make sure that your customer service is excellent.
- Personalize their shopping experience
- Encourage feedback
- Offer rewards
- Create loyalty programs
- Give away surprise goodies.
6 Leverage Video: Link Building for eCommerce Store
When it comes to content, video is definitely king. Besides posting high-quality videos to your blog and social media pages, don’t forget to leverage the top video platform (and second-largest search engine) YouTube. Creating evergreen video content, such as tutorials, can get you more embeds to other sites in your niche.
What’s more, placing video content on your eCommerce website has significant SEO benefits. Video content can increase the time visitors spend on your pages while at the same time contributing to page relevance and quality. Here are some tips to help you use videos to promote backlinks:
- Create partnerships with other influencers and blogs. When they link to your YouTube videos, you can contact them for a possibility to insert a link to your eCommerce website in the post.
- Create accounts on various video-sharing platforms, and share videos content regularly.
- Comment on other relevant videos, including relevant links in your comments. However, be careful not to look too spammy. Make sure to include highly relevant links.
Link Building for eCommerce Store Final Words
Link building is important for any site, but especially for online stores that are just starting and need to attract customers. There’s no universal method that always works, but following these 6 tips can help you generate some quality inbound links that will help you rank better, reach new customers, and eventually grow your online store.