At this point, you probably know how important search engine optimization (SEO) is for your business. That’s why you came up with the idea of hiring an SEO agency to help your business grow. While there are many SEO agencies out there, many want to get your buy-in by promising a lot of things, such as topping search results in just a month or so. However, SEO has no shortcut, so you’ve got to hire a trusted and dependable company that practices good SEO. Otherwise, you might just ruin your online reputation and be punished for manipulating your ranking. In this post, you’ll learn some helpful tips for choosing an SEO agency that can help your business.
6 Tips For Choosing An SEO Agency
Set Your SEO Marketing or Business Goals
Before even hiring an SEO agency, it’s important to define your objectives or set realistic, measurable, and time-bounded goals. Why is this so? It’s because SEO is a broad category of digital marketing, so starting an SEO marketing campaign with a blank plate is suicide. You can learn more about digital agencies here
Don’t waste your efforts. Sit down with your team and collaborate on why you would need to hire an SEO agency and set clear goals. Whether you want to increase your traffic, boost your sales, or address a penalty, a trusted SEO agency, like Search Logistics, can help. Here are some examples of objectives or goals you might want to achieve when hiring an SEO company:
- Gain 100,000 visitors within six months upon the launching of an SEO campaign.
- Increase conversion rate to 10 percent within five months.
- Boost your sales to 25 percent within eight months.
Choose an SEO Company That Can Track Data
Not all SEO agencies can offer such a service. If you want to hire the best SEO services, find one that can offer data tracking, from contact forms, phone calls, site visits, conversions, lead generation rate, bounce rate, click-through rate, and more.
Find Expert: Tips For Choosing An SEO Agency
An expert SEO agency can get you more traffic even without link building. In a case study, a technical audit shows a record-breaking result, in which you can increase your traffic by 45 percent even without link building. How is this possible? It’s because of SEO expertise. That’s why it’s important to hire an SEO company with years of experience and portfolio to show excellent work.
One way to know that you’re dealing with an expert SEO agency is knowing if they keep themselves abreast of the latest news, updates, and trends in SEO. You can research on some trending SEO topics and ask their opinions or ask them related questions later on.
Here are some of the trending or latest SEO topics you might want to discuss:
- Artificial Intelligence and SEO
- How to Use the Power of SEO in Creating Podcasts
- SEO and YouTube Marketing
- Latest Google SEO Algorithm
Check Reviews and Get Referrals
One way to know if an SEO agency is reputable or not is to read reviews and get referrals. The best sources of reliable details of how a company works are past and current clients. Either refer to search engines, such as Angie’s List, or social media to find testimonials and reviews. Here are the things you need to look for when reading reviews and getting referrals: This can help while choosing an SEO agency.
- Focus on both negative and positive reviews.
- Get referrals from verified clients.
- Contact the SEO agency to clarify any matter or concern found in the review.
- Explore the website of the company or search them on Google, Yelp, or Glassdoor (to know what their employees are saying about working for the SEO company).
Schedule an Appointment
One of the best ways to find the right SEO agency for your business is to schedule a consultation. A trusted company will be more than happy to discuss some strategies that could work with your business, such as giving relevant data about your current business status. During the consultation, it’s your chance to assess the SEO agency in terms of the following: This will help while choosing an SEO agency.
- Communication Skills: Are they able to clearly explain SEO technical terms in simple terms? Are you satisfied with the explanation? Or are the goals and expectations too good to be true?
- Creativity: Do they provide a single option or several options to help you make a final decision?
- Passion: Do you observe any burning passion for helping clients by giving advice about blog strategies, and offering SEO article writing services, SEO metric monitoring, or link building? Or do you feel the SEO manager is trying to sell you out?
- Problem-solving Skills: Can they provide targeted, tangible, and appropriate solutions to your problems?
- Teamwork: How are they as a team? Do you hear good debates or agreements?
- Client Privacy: Do they respect their client’s privacy by not mentioning the identity of their previous clients? Or are they all out in sharing sensitive information?
Ask Direct Questions
Similar to hiring a new employee, you should screen your prospective SEO agencies by asking direct questions that can make or break your decision, such as the following:
- How long have you been working with the business niche similar to mine?
- Who will be handling the SEO tasks? Are they credible? Why did you hire them in the first place?
- When can I expect the positive results of the SEO campaign?
- Will you be keeping track of the progress and results?
- What software or other tools are you using to monitor results?
- Can you promise me a number one result in six months?
You can ask as many questions as you like. But, make sure to do some homework so you’ll also have an idea as to what are the “right” or “wrong” answers, or at least understand their differences and how each SEO company stands with its vision and mission or principles.
Tips For Choosing An SEO Agency Conclusion
It’s essential to know the reputation of an SEO company before making a final decision by checking reviews and getting referrals. Also, visiting their website and setting up an appointment will help you learn more about the company’s skills, qualities, and SEO expertise. Choosing an SEO agency can be a tough task. However, once you’ve chosen the right SEO company for you, you’ll be able to attain your website and business goals faster and more successfully.