7 Best WordPress Web Design Strategies to Build Audience’s Trust
Check the best WordPress web design strategies to build & earn audience trust, confidence and loyalty that improves user experience
When building and improving your audience trust rating, it’s crucial to use the best WordPress web design techniques to create audience confidence in a way that improves user experience. Check the best WordPress web design strategies to build & earn audience trust and loyalty.
However, a lot of website owners are struggling to achieve this goal. While there’s no exact formula to attain a great website, you can check out the best WordPress web design strategies below to learn more.
The Importance of Trust in Web Design
Before diving into the nitty-gritty of WordPress design strategies, it’s essential to understand why trust is so critical. According to several studies, approximately 75% of consumers judge a company’s credibility based on its website design. Trust is the cornerstone of any business relationship and plays a vital role in influencing purchasing decisions.
Top WordPress Web Design Strategies To Create Audience Trust
1. Correct Use of Categories
A category is a pre-defined WordPress taxonomy used to sort and group content into different sections. For instance, a health and wellness website can have categories for articles filed under the Hair, Skin, Nails, and Foot Care categories. Check the best WordPress web design strategies to build & earn audience trust, confidence and loyalty that improves user experience.
Of course, you want your website to be as unique as possible, so you might be tempted to create funky categories for your WordPress site. However, first-time and returning visitors might get confused with odd categories in place.
By properly labeling or naming categories, you can improve user experience because you direct a visitor to the right page. It saves a user’s time and effort in navigating your website.
Here are some tips when it comes to correctly using categories:
- Align each category with a relevant topic matter.
- Manually create and add posts to applicable categories.
- Label categories appropriately and accurately.
2. Implement Clear Navigation
An expert WordPress web designer would tell you that having straightforward navigation is crucial in building the audience’s trust. Setting up a precise navigation tool for your website visitors will ensure quicker and easier access to content sub-categories.
Here are some tips and tricks when implementing clear navigation:
- Add a menu showcasing the categories
- Adding categories to the sidebar on relevant web pages
- Using subheadings and visible borders
- Use white space to your advantage to improve readability
3. Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly
Most consumers are shopping on the go using smartphones and other mobile devices. That’s why it’s crucial to make your website mobile-friendly. A responsive and secure mobile site will build the audience’s trust because consumers can easily see relevant information or content details, shop, and play online, even on a small screen.
Here are the essential things you need to focus on to make your website more mobile-friendly:
- Optimal Buttons and Fonts: Improve user readability by using bigger buttons and font sizes.
- Mobile responsiveness: Information shouldn’t be distorted on your website when viewed on any mobile device.
- Viewport Meta Tag: This feature enhances your website’s appearance and user-friendly navigation when viewed on a mobile interface.
- Easy Access to Information: Your website visitors should be able to access information when landing on your website quickly.
4. Remove All Broken Links
You can use a WordPress plugin for hunting broken links, so you don’t have to scan every web page. Removing broken links is essential because it’s the primary source of why users would get a “404 error,” which greatly impacts user experience and a website’s trust rating. Check the best WordPress web design strategies to build & earn audience trust, confidence and loyalty that improves user experience.
5. Improve Site Speed To Strategies Audience Trust
One thing that online users don’t want to do when navigating a website is stare at the screen and wait for the web page to load completely. In general, good site speed is less than three seconds. If it’s more than three seconds, many users lose patience and trust in the site and hit the back button.
Slow loading times can lead to high bounce rates and decreased sales. Also, it affects the ranking in search engine search results. That’s why speed shouldn’t be taken for granted.
Luckily, plugins are now available to speed up your WordPress website. You can also use a cache plugin and a content delivery network to speed up your website. Removing unnecessary plugins and optimizing your images also help.
6. Secure Your Website
A secure website is crucial to your success. Think of installing antimalware or antivirus software or plugins into your WordPress site to protect all data, most especially the financial information of your customers.
Secure payment processing will increase your audience’s trust rating on your website.
7. Use Recognizable Call-to-Action Strategies To Audience Trust
A clear call-to-action button is essential to help your site visitors decide what to do next. It directs them to sign up for something, like a newsletter or email subscription list, to go to another page, or purchase a product or avail a service.
Helping your visitors land at the place where they should be can help increase your trust rating because you’re giving clear instructions with clear objectives of what your site is really for.
Here are the best places to position your CTAs:
- Above the fold (the website space or content viewable to the audience when they land on your website without needing to scroll down)
- At the bottom of the page
- Below the fold with the use of directional cues
- A case study on a suitable CTA positioning
EXTRA 8. Professional Design with Premium Themes
A polished, professional appearance is one of the most straightforward ways to establish credibility. WordPress offers an extensive range of premium themes optimized for performance, accessibility, and SEO. These themes often include features like responsive design, faster loading times, and secure code, which foster trust.
Additional Tips for Trust-Building
- Regularly Update Content: Outdated content can erode trust. Make sure to update your blog, news section, and even your FAQ regularly.
- Transparent Policies: Displayed privacy policies and terms of service can help visitors feel more secure.
- Use High-Quality Images and Multimedia: Blurry or low-quality images can be an immediate trust-breaker. Utilize high-resolution images and videos to give your website an aesthetic, professional touch. WordPress plugins like Smush or ShortPixel can help you optimize these elements without compromising quality.
WordPress Web Design Strategies to Audience’s Trust Conclusion
Now, you can design your WordPress website to attract more visitors and increase your site’s trust rating. A secure and well-thought-out website will encourage more shoppers to avail of your products and services because they can navigate and do business transactions fast and reliably. A great website saves time and effort, improving user experience and business reputation.