Custom domain email may seem like a small detail in the larger branding picture, but it’s hugely important. In a single glance, this is what it means to your customers, clients, and/or acquaintances:
Custom email address = you’ve created a real business x Your old gmail.com or yahoo.com email address = this is your weekend hobby
Are you aware that you can create a free email with own domain name from your hosting cPanel?
If not, you are missing an opportunity to increase your brand visibility.
When it comes to increasing the visibility and credibility of a brand name, I always prefer using a branded Email address that ended up with my domain name. For example, email@example.com looks more professional than firstname.lastname@example.org.
The great thing is, it’s free. So why not use the custom email domain which is free with your hosting package?
In this post, I will show you how to create an email account with a domain name and how to forward mail from your professional email to a personal email account. This way, you can easily send and receive mail from your personal email address, but your customer will see domain name email address.
Create Your Domain Email
1. At first login to your Hosting cPanel. Most of the time cPanel link is http://yourdomain.com/cpanel. However, you can also get your cPanel link and password from your email which has been sent by your Host Provider when signed up.
2. Once you’ve logged in, scroll down and click on ‘Email Accounts‘ under Mail section.
3. On the next page, you need to enter the username of your email and select the domain name. Put a password and click on ‘Create Account‘.
4. Then you will get a notification like this ‘Account Created’ and you will find your created email account on the same page.
5. Now go back to cPanel and click on ‘Forwarders‘ in Mail section.
Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another so that you do not need to check both accounts. Note that the forwarded mail will still be delivered to the original address as well.
Then click on ‘Add Forwarder‘.
6. Fill the details and click on ‘Add Forwarder’.
Now all emails send to email@example.com will be sent to my personal email address.
Hope this post helps you to create your professional email account with your domain name. If you face any problems regarding this, feel free to ask me via comment. If you find this post useful, help me by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.