Your website is your brand’s gateway to your digital audience. It’s the “appearance” of your brand and company in the digital space, and it always helps to make a good first impression. However, website design isn’t always just about aesthetics. It’s important you use search engine optimization (SEO) in order to rank high on search engine results pages. This might sound overwhelming at first, but there are ways for you to accomplish website design with SEO.
Design with SEO
Just imagine how many people actually look into search engines every year. Google alone takes up 3.5 billion searches every day, which translates into 1.2 trillion searches every year all around the world. Imagine being able to tap into even just a percentage of these searches, thanks to your SEO. That’s still a ton of views that can potentially be conversions. As a result, it makes design and SEO work.
SEO in Website Building: How to Make the Concepts Work for You
Websites built with SEO in mind can definitely maximize their online marketing campaigns. Here’s how you can pull this off:
- Stay faithful to your branding: When you make a website, be consistent with your branding. For instance, it’s important to stay faithful. Not just to your brand colors and icon but also to your voice and personality. This dictates the way your website is going to be presented to your customers.
- Make sure your design is accessible: So, get a sitemap into your website in order to help search engines navigate it easily. Make navigation part of your design. In addition, use of white space to emphasize important aspects of your designs. Also, ensure that your web design guides your viewers into accessing parts of your website easily.
- Make sure elements like URLs and images fit with SEO standards: Make sure links and images, as well as other elements, are optimized for SEO. For links, indicate the primary keyword in the URL. For images, properly place alternative titles and captions with your keywords. Include meta descriptions and titles to maximize exposure of your page in search engines using design and SEO.
- Consider social media when looking into your website design: Aside from branding, also put social media into consideration when making your design. Regardless if you use your own design or a template from a website, incorporate elements from social media, such as sharing icons to different social media accounts, in order to improve your ranking. In terms of content, make sure that the contents of both your social media. So, your website are “related” to one another, so one element can be just as insightful as the other. This at least motivates others to visit your website.
- Actively engage in evaluations and be on the lookout for changes: What perhaps makes the SEO field such a perplexing thing to understand is that there are numerous changes and updates. So, that can you have to learn to keep up. A lot of SEO “experts”. Can be dethroned in a day if they can’t fully adjust to a new algorithm change. In any search engine they “specialize” in. If you want your site to stay consistently be SEO-“minded,” you have to be on the lookout. For changes and pool together your team’s knowledge to adjust to them appropriately.
The Bottom Line: Website Design Should Have SEO Considerations
Your website is your audience’s first avenue towards getting to know your brand. So, your website design influences how they see you. Apply the above tips in creating your website design to rank high in search engine results pages and to make your website appealing to your intended audiences.