Many dreamers believe that all it takes to become a blogger is to start your blog, give it a trendy name, make a cute design, and start writing your stream of consciousness. Others think you can buy a ready-made blog with thousands of pages and earn a fortune right away. However, a profitable and successful blog in 2021 is much more than old-fashioned SEO principles and cute design. Today, we’ll take a look at the criteria and standards you can use to evaluating your blog and see what steps you need to take to provide your followers with high-quality content.
Criteria for evaluating the success of a blog
1 Checking blog traffic patterns
You must continuously monitor the website traffic in dynamics. If articles are added to the blog regularly, then we expect a regular increase in traffic. In addition, you can compare the traffic with the previous period. Based on this overall picture, you can already conclude whether you are moving in the right direction or not.
2 Traffic source analysis
Information about the sources of traffic will help to determine which channel is more effective, how it is developing or, on the contrary, is sagging. The data obtained will help to adjust your content marketing strategy.
3 The most popular articles standards evaluating blog
Quality content is the main tool used to promote the site or blog in search engines and popularize the resource among users. If the blog’s content is far from ideal, it will not appear in the top positions of search engines and will not be recognized by the audience. This is a sure path to failure. Checking your articles’ popularity will help you create more similar content that your target audience likes.
4 Readers’ engagement (time on site, bounce rate)
With metrics, you can track how much time readers have spent on your site and why they stuck around. so, your task is to replicate such articles’ success, which hooked readers and did not let them leave.
5 Perception of the blog (readability, likes, sharing, comments)
It is vital to know how users feel about blog articles. To have such a metric, you need to install social buttons on each article and allow the audience to comment on your material. Social media sharings also tell you that readers liked the material and are willing to share it in their feeds. Sharing can help you get more traffic and reach a larger audience.
6 Referral links standards evaluating blog
Referral links are another type of metric. You can analyze where readers come to you from. You can see which resources link to your blog. So, articles you have placed links to, which articles your readers are interested in. This will help you develop your blog through outreach.
Signs of high-quality blog content
If you’re not good at writing high-quality articles, you shouldn’t despair. Today you can buy good content as easily as you can buy a term paper. The only question is, how do you know that the content you’re paying for is of high quality? We have prepared the main attributes.
- Firstly, an effective solution to a particular problem. The text should be interesting not only to search engines but also to users. For example, if the resource is correctly filled with keywords, displayed in the top positions of search engine results, but after reading it, a person did not get an answer to their question, the attendance of such a blog will fall;
- Secondly, the depth of material, an unconventional approach to solving common problems. High-quality and proper presentation of information distinguishes it from the low-level stuff, which is of no interest to visitors;
- Moreover, relevant information. Provided information should be truthful, to describe effective ways of solving specific problems, to be of interest to the target audience;
Extra Critical Standards for Evaluating Your Blog
- A clear logic. The material should be good. So, set out the correct logical chain. This will help people perceive it more easily, do not waste time looking for information in the text;
- Maximum semantic originality. So, users should get more new information, which is not yet widespread on the Internet;
- The presence of thematic subsections with subheadings. In addition, this simplifies the search for information of interest, increases the attractiveness of the text itself;
- A concise and informative title. A short title, revealing the essence of the material presented, will attract the attention of users and search engines;
- The optimal volume of the article;
- Referral links from other websites’ standards evaluating blog. They testify to the authority of a particular resource, hence increasing its rankings;
- Numbered and bulleted lists. Their presence simplifies the perception of the material, allows you to highlight important points;
- Natural anchors without overt advertising tone. It can be anchorless links or anchor, on the type: “more info,” “read more,” and so on;
- Photo, the name of the author of the material. Their presence increases the level of trust users to the blog;
- In addition, the presence of examples for a better understanding of the meaning;
- links to the sources, such as quality content in English, which was taken as the basis.