- How to Create a Custom Login Page In WordPress?
- Using Admin Custom Login WordPress Free Plugin
- How to Add a Login Logout Form in Your WordPress Sidebar or Footer? Video Tutorial
- How To Customize WordPress Login Page Using Visualmodo Themes?
- Can't find what you're looking for?
Guide & tutorial to learn how to create & add a custom user login & register page in your WordPress website in various effective methods.
How to Create a Custom Login Page In WordPress? #
Do you want to create a custom login page for your WordPress site? A custom login page allows users to log in from a custom page on your site instead of the default WordPress login page. This article will show you how to create a custom login page in WordPress without writing any code.
Why and When You Need a Custom Login Page for WordPress? #
If you run a membership site without a WordPress membership plugin, your users will register and log in using the default WordPress login screen.
This may work fine for small websites. However, if you are running a business website or a busy online community, you may want to show your brand instead of WordPress.
One way to do that is by adding your logo and white labeling the WordPress admin dashboard. But if you don’t want users to access the admin area when they log in, you will need to add a custom login page.
A custom login page works like any other page of your WordPress site. It uses the colors and styles of your WordPress theme, and users don’t even get to see the admin area of your WordPress site.
Let’s see how to create a custom login page in WordPress without writing any code.
If you don’t like the video or need more instructions, continue reading.
Create Custom Login Page in WordPress with the Theme My Login WP Plugin #
Upon activation, the plugin will enable a custom login page that matches your WordPress theme. You can visit the login page and see the custom login page.
However, Theme My Login is a powerful plugin. It can also be used to create custom registration and profile pages, custom emails, and setting up custom redirects.
To enable these features, click on the TML menu in the admin bar to configure plugin settings.
Check the box next to the module that you want to enable. Enabling each module will also allow the module’s settings tab.
For example, enabling the custom emails module will add the Email tab under the TML menu item.
Theme My Login also comes with a custom login widget. Visit the Appearance » Widgets page and add Theme My Login widget to a sidebar.
Please watch the video below. Guide & tutorial to learn how to create & add a custom user login & register page in your WordPress website in various effective methods.
Using Admin Custom Login WordPress Free Plugin #
You are also free to choose another plugin for this purpose, for example, Admin Custom Login, so you can entirely style your login page (wp-admin) and more. Keep reading this guide & tutorial to learn how to create & add a custom user login & register page in your WordPress website in various effective methods.
- Install and activate the plugin: Go to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New.” Search for “Admin Custom Login” in the search bar. Once you find the plugin, click “Install Now” and then “Activate” to activate the plugin.
- Access the plugin settings: After activating the plugin, you will find a new menu item called “LoginPress” in your WordPress dashboard. Click on “LoginPress” to access the plugin settings.
- Customize the login page: Within the “LoginPress” settings, you’ll find various customization options to modify the login page. These options may include changing the background image, colors, logo, form style, typography, etc. Explore the available settings and make changes according to your preferences.
- Preview the login page: As you make modifications, a live preview of the login page will be displayed, allowing you to see how your changes affect the login page in real time. Take advantage of this feature to fine-tune the customization.
- Additional customization options: “Admin Custom Login” plugin also provides advanced options for customizing the login page, such as adding custom CSS, customizing error messages, adding social login buttons, and more. Explore these options if you want to enhance your login page customization further.
- Save changes: Once satisfied with the customization, click the “Save Changes” button within the plugin settings to save your modifications.
- Test the customized login page: Log out of your WordPress website or open a new browser tab to access the login page. You should see the customized login page according to the modifications you made using the “Admin Custom Login” plugin. Test the login functionality to ensure everything works as expected.
The “Admin Custom Login” plugin offers a user-friendly interface and a range of customization options to personalize your WordPress login page without any coding knowledge.
How to Add a Login Logout Form in Your WordPress Sidebar or Footer? Video Tutorial #
To add a login/logout form to your WordPress sidebar or footer using the native blocks, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard: Log in to your WordPress website and access the dashboard.
- Navigate to the Widgets section: In the WordPress dashboard, go to “Appearance” > “Widgets.”
- Add a Custom HTML widget: Find the “Custom HTML” widget and drag it to your chosen sidebar or footer area.
- Configure the Custom HTML widget: Open the Custom HTML widget you just added and configure its settings.
- Add the login/logout form code: In the content area of the Custom HTML widget, enter the HTML code for the login/logout form. Here’s an example of the code:
<!-- Login/logout form --> <?php if (is_user_logged_in()) : ?> <p>Welcome, <?php echo wp_get_current_user()->display_name; ?>!</p> <a href="<?php echo wp_logout_url(); ?>">Logout</a> <?php else : ?> <form action="<?php echo wp_login_url(); ?>" method="post"> <label for="username">Username:</label> <input type="text" id="username" name="log" required> <label for="password">Password:</label> <input type="password" id="password" name="pwd" required> <input type="submit" value="Login"> </form> <?php endif; ?>
This code checks if the user is logged in using the
is_user_logged_in() Function. If the user is logged in, it displays a welcome message with the user’s display name and a logout link. If the user is not logged in, it displays a login form using standard HTML form elements.
- Save the widget: Once you’ve added the code to the Custom HTML widget, click the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Preview and test: Visit your website’s front end to preview the sidebar or footer area where you added the login/logout form. You should see the state with the login/logout functionality. Test it by logging in and logging out to ensure everything works correctly.
How to Create a Custom Login Page In WordPress by Visualmodo=
How To Customize WordPress Login Page Using Visualmodo Themes? #
- Install and activate a Visualmodo theme: If you haven’t already, install and activate a Visualmodo theme on your WordPress website. You can do this by going to “Appearance” > “Themes” in your WordPress dashboard, clicking on “Add New,” and searching for the Visualmodo theme of your choice. Once you find it, click “Install” and “Activate.”
- Access the theme settings: After activating the Visualmodo theme, you’ll typically find a dedicated section in the WordPress dashboard for theme settings or customization options. Look for a menu item like “Theme Options” or “Customize” and click on it to access the theme customization panel.
- Locate the login page customization options: Within the theme customization panel, search for the section or tab that allows you to customize the login page. Visualmodo themes often provide options to modify the login page appearance, such as background images, colors, logo placement, and more. These options’ specific location and labeling may vary depending on your Visualmodo theme.
- Customize the login page: Once you’ve found the login page customization options, start making changes according to your preferences. Modify settings related to the login form, logo, background, colors, typography, or any other elements the theme provides.
- Preview and save changes: As you make modifications, a live preview of the login page will usually be displayed. Take advantage of this feature to see how your changes affect the login page in real time. Once satisfied with the customization, click the “Save” or “Publish” button within the customization panel to save your changes.
- Test the customized login page: Log out of your WordPress website or open a new browser tab to access the login page. You should see the customized login page according to the modifications you made using Visualmodo theme options. Test the login functionality to ensure everything works as expected.
I hope this guide & tutorial to learn how to create & add a custom user login & register page to your WordPress website in various effective methods.