- How To Add Twitter Feed to WordPress Website? (Tweets Widget)
- How to use oAuth Twitter Feed WordPress Plugin
- Can't find what you're looking for?
Guide & tutorial to learn how to use the oAuth Twitter Feed WordPress free plugin and other methods to add tweets widgets on your website.
How To Add Twitter Feed to WordPress Website? (Tweets Widget) #
To add a Twitter feed to your WordPress website, you can follow these steps:
Create a Twitter Developer Account #
- Visit the Twitter Developer Portal at https://developer.twitter.com.
- Sign in with your Twitter account or create a new one.
- Once signed in, navigate to the “Apps” section and create a new app.
- Fill in the required details and agree to the terms.
- After making the app, go to the “Keys and tokens” tab to access your API keys and access tokens. You’ll need these later.
Install a Twitter Feed Plugin #
- In your WordPress admin dashboard, go to “Plugins” and click on “Add New.”
- Search for a Twitter feed plugin like “Custom Twitter Feeds” or “Twitter Feed.” Install and activate the plugin of your choice.
Configure the Plugin #
- Once the plugin is activated, go to “Settings” or “Custom Twitter Feeds” in your WordPress dashboard.
- Enter the API keys and access tokens obtained from the Twitter Developer Portal.
- According to your preferences, configure other settings, such as the number of tweets to display, display style, etc.
- Finally, Save the settings.
Add the Twitter Feed to Your Website #
- Firstly, determine where you want to display the Twitter feed on your WordPress website. It can be a widget area, a specific page, or a post.
- Secondly, if you’re using a widget area, go to “Appearance” > “Widgets” in your WordPress dashboard. Find the Twitter feed widget provided by the plugin and drag it to the desired widget area.
- If you want to add the feed to a page or post, edit the page or post where you want the feed to appear. Look for a button or shortcode the plugin provides in the editor toolbar, usually represented by the Twitter logo. Click on it, and the plugin will insert the shortcode into your content.
- Finally, save the changes to your page, post, or widget area.
Preview and Test #
- Visit your WordPress website and navigate to the page or area where you added the Twitter feed.
- Ensure that the feed is displayed correctly and that it’s fetching and displaying the tweets from your Twitter account.
Following these steps, you can add a Twitter feed to your WordPress website using a plugin. Remember to regularly update the plugin and review its documentation for any additional features or settings it may provide.
How to use oAuth Twitter Feed WordPress Plugin #
In this tutorial on Visualmodo knowledge base, we will show how to connect your WordPress to the Twitter plugin using oAuth Twitter Feed WordPress Plugin.
To connect your WordPress with Twitter, install a free WordPress plugin on your site, oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers here.
You can install the plugin using the one-click theme install. When you activate any of our Visualmodo WordPress themes on your site, you will see a message at the top of your WordPress dashboard asking for you to install all the theme suggested plugins, this is one of them, or you can install it in a standard way, by going on your dashboard “Plugins’ and search for the plugin name.
Twitter Developers Keys: oAuth Feed WordPress Plugin Guide & Tutorial #
Firstly, you need to create an access key to put their latest tweets on your website. Twitter requires that each has its key. Login first on Twitter usually (on Twitter, what you want appears on your site. Then click this URL here.
Now you are in the area of developers’ Twitter. Look at the top right of your screen, hover the picture, and a menu will appear. Click on ‘My applications.’
Then click on ‘Create a new application’ Now register your application by following the steps on Twitter. After you have created your application, you go back to ‘my application,’ click on your application, and down the screen to where it is written ‘create my access token. After that, you go to the third tab.
‘OAuth tool’, and there you will find the necessary URLs to add fields in the widget to get your Twitter on your website. You put the codes you got on Twitter on your wp-settings Twitter feed. Also, you must have installed and activated the plugin oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers. The video above will help you more.
You’ll get this API tokens info on Twitter and will enter this info on your WordPress > Dashboard > Settings > Twitter Feed Auth < just like the image below shows.
Video Tutorial For oAuth Feed WordPress Plugin Guide & Tutorial #
Video guide & tutorial to learn how to use the oAuth Twitter Feed WordPress free plugin and other methods to add tweets widgets on your website.
Latest Tweets Widget #
After you enter your Twitter API token info on the plugin settings, go: To WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Widgets > Drag the ‘Latest Tweets’ widget to the sidebar or footer tabs and drop there just like the image below shows.
The final result on the site’s front end will look like the image below.
Tweets Slider #
With our themes, you have an element on your page builder called ‘Tweets’ After you activate this plugin and get your API key on your site, this element will start to work.
All you need to do is log in to your WordPress dashboard, go to ‘Pages’ Add New’, click on the page builder button and, click on the ‘Add element’ button, select the ‘Tweets’ element, a window will open to you type your Twitter username and save it.
With this element, you can add a feature that will look like this (scroll down the page) here. In fitness, edge gym, or zenith, you can use the widget (like in all the Visualmodo themes) or apply it on pages in this way here.
How to connect your site with Twitter with oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers plugin using our WordPress themes – By Visualmodo