Drive Traffic to Your Business Website: Here’s How
Learn top & best proven strategies on how to drive & increase traffic to your business website and ways to boost the number of users
Creating a website today isn’t a problem. You can make a beautiful website in a matter of minutes, even without much knowledge about design. Optimizing it for Google index will take a maximum of a couple of days. Learn top & best proven strategies on how to drive & increase traffic to your business website and ways to boost the number of users.
Driving traffic to the business website is a more difficult task. If you don’t know the proper techniques, you can end up wasting your marketing budget. Here’s how to get traffic on your website without wasting too much money.
Pay for traffic for your business website
The easiest way to get traffic on your website is paying for Google ads. It’s going to cost you a lot if you want to drive a lot of traffic, but the outcome is worth it. If you have a fresh website, making it visible in the SERPs may take months. With Google ads, you get traffic instantly.
However, poorly managed Google ads may be cutting into your budget more than you want them to. To make sure you don’t overspend, you have to do three key things.
- Target the right audience
- Target the right keywords
- Set limits on spending
Pay only for those keywords that drive traffic that converts well. Choose the ones with commercial intent and a high volume of traffic.
Master social media to drive traffic to your business website
Social media is one of the most powerful marketing tools these days. Many people use Google to do extensive research before making a purchase. They use Instagram and Facebook to look for inspiring and interesting content, which helps drive a lot of spontaneous purchases. 40% of consumers report buying something after seeing it on social media.
There are three key things you have to do to excel on social media:
- Create great content to drive traffic to business site.
- Pay for advertising
- Involve influencers
The first point will require you to create a strong content marketing strategy, post engaging content every day, and talk to your audience. As you gain more followers, you’ll be able to sell directly to them by mentioning hot offers in your bio or taking orders via DMs.
Paid Instagram and Facebook ads allow you to get into your target audience’s feed and offer products to people who aren’t subscribed to your account. Influencer campaigns allow you to do this even better.
People trust influencers more than ads and look up to them for opinions before making a purchase. Contact several micro-influencers who create content in your niche and offer to collaborate. If you add a small discount for influencers’ subscribers to the offer, it can result in a lot of traffic and sales.
Focus your SEO on long-tail keywords
For freshly created websites, getting into the SERPs for top-rated commercial keywords can be difficult. There are bigger, older websites out there that dominate the search because they have gathered so many backlinks.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have any relevant traffic. You can focus your SEO efforts and content on low-competition long-tail keywords. For instance, you may not be able to compete for “roofing company Toronto” keyword at first, but you can easily top the SERPs on informational keywords like “do I need gutters on my house” or “how to choose the type of roofing I need.”
Create the content on a lot of topics like that, and you will get a ton of traffic. Not all of it will convert as well as people who searched for “roofing company Toronto,” but any traffic is good for your website overall. Once you have a lot of traffic, it’s going to be easier to move towards your main commercial keywords.
Write guest posts to increase and drive traffic to your business website
If you own a small website, it may be easier for you to get exposure to high volumes of traffic on other websites. So, find blogs that write about relevant topics to your industry, and offer to share your expertise.
An established blog with thousands of daily visitors will send hundreds of people to your website. In addition, Link back to the articles on your website to make sure readers are going over to your place.
As a result, this traffic may not be the most converting one, but it improves your website in Google’s eyes. Learn top & best proven strategies on how to drive & increase traffic to your business website and ways to boost the number of users.
Create and promote linkable content
Another strategy for making websites with high traffic volumes link back to you involves creating high-value content. Instead of committing a couple of hours of your time to create a blogpost, you work for a week to create a data-driven long read. Moreover, It can be an ultimate guide to roofing, an e-book on carpeting, or an infographic based on your own research.
If you have the means to obtain statistics that are extremely relevant to the industry, it can become a link-magnet as well. For instance, local rent reports like this one from ABODO generate an insane amount of backlinks.
Make sure you’re converting
No matter how much traffic your website gets, you can’t make a profit out of it without a bit of work. So, this includes split testing your website for conversions and setting up a contact page that drives conversions.
If your conversion rate is less than 5%, you’re just wasting money on getting traffic that leaves your website without a purchase. Work on your conversion rates to make sure the efforts you’re putting into traffic generation are worth it.
To-Do Checklist on How Increase Website Traffic
- Use SEO Techniques: Optimize your website for search engines by using relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and alt tags. This will help your website rank higher in search engine results, driving more organic traffic to your site.
- Create Quality Content: Regularly publish high-quality, original content that provides value to your audience. This not only improves your SEO but also encourages visitors to stay longer and return to your site.
- Leverage Social Media: Promote your website and its content on social media platforms. This can help you reach a larger audience and drive more traffic to your site.
- Start a Blog: A blog can help you establish authority in your industry, improve your SEO, and provide valuable content that can be shared on social media.
- Use Email Marketing: Build an email list and send out regular newsletters or promotional offers. This can help you maintain a relationship with your customers and drive repeat traffic to your site.
- Implement PPC Advertising: Pay-per-click advertising can help you reach a targeted audience and drive more traffic to your site.
- Optimize for Mobile: Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. With the majority of web browsing now done on mobile devices, a mobile-optimized site is essential for attracting and retaining visitors.
- Use Analytics: Use tools like Google Analytics to understand your audience, track website traffic, and identify successful strategies.
- Engage in Guest Blogging: Write guest posts for other relevant blogs in your industry. This can help you reach a new audience and drive more traffic to your site.
- Build Backlinks: Backlinks from reputable sites can improve your SEO and drive more traffic to your site.
The bottom line of driving traffic to your business site
The way from creating a website to having a decent amount of traffic on it may be a rocky one, but with the proper strategy, it’s just a matter of time. Implement the tips from this article, and improve your conversions, and you will get both traffic and sales. I hope this guide helps you to learn top & best proven strategies on how to drive & increase traffic to your business website and ways to boost the number of users.