The driving test can be divided into three different phases. In the first phase, you will have to give an eyesight test. During the second phase, you have to take the driver’s license test online, and it will take about 20 minutes. In the last but the most important phase, you will be required to give a road safety test for 40 minutes.
About the Driving Test
This article will guide you about everything you need to about the driving test’s three different phases. Driving Test
Phase I- Eye Sight Test
Your eyesight will be checked to see whether you can see distant and close objects clearly or not. In this test, you will be given a number plate, and if you can see the numbers from a distance, you can pass this test.
Do not ignore the importance of an eyesight check. If you fail this driving test, you will not have your road test.
Once you successfully get through this stage, your examiner will ask you two (or more) questions about your vehicle safety. You might as well have to demonstrate a few safety tips.
Phase-II- Online Test
This online test will cover almost every aspect of all traffic laws. Therefore, you have to prepare well for this test. Some of the key areas that you should focus are on as follows:
- When can and cannot change your lane?
- How to act at intersections and junctions?
- Speed limits (in urban areas and highways)
- How to reverse your car?
- All signals information.
Phase III- Road Driving Test
This is probably the most important phase because you have to demonstrate the theory you have learned so far practically.
- During this test, you should be able to run the vehicle smoothly.
- Don’t be too hard on the brakes and the accelerator. If you have to slow down the car, you should do that with ease. Remember, there is no one behind you as it is your test day, and you can do it well.
- To avoid sudden shock, you should not use your brakes at once.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is timely, correcting the gears. It is your test, so you are definitely not in any rush.
- Before you enter an intersection (if any), you must look at both sides and then make your turn.
Things to Consider
- The minimum age to give a driving test in the US is 16 years.
- A driver’s license test will be the same for everyone except for people with some mental or physical disorder.
- During the test, you are not to converse with your instructor. Therefore, if there are any queries, you must ask them before the tests begin in every phase.
A Final Word About Driving Test
All the people who can pass the test will instantly acquire the driver’s license. However, those who are unable to pass it can give the test again.