The driving test can be divided into three different phases. In the first phase, you will have to give an eyesight test. During the second phase, you have to take driver license test online, and it will take about 20 minutes. In the last, but the most important phase, you will be required to give a road safety test that will last for 40 minutes.
About the Driving Test
This article will guide you about everything you need to about the three different phases of the driving test.Driving Test
Phase I- Eye Sight Test
Your eyesight will be checked to see whether you can see distant and close objects clearly or not. In this test, you will be given a number plate, and if you are able to see the numbers from a distance, then you can pass this test.
The importance of an eyesight check should not be ignored. If you fail this test, you will not be allowed to give your road test.
Once you successfully get through this stage, yourexaminer will ask you two (or more) questions related to your vehicle safety. You might as well have to demonstrate few safety tips.
Phase II- Online Test
This online test will cover almost every aspect of all traffic laws. Therefore, you have to prepare well for this test. Some of the key areas that you should focus are on as follows:
- When can and cannot change your lane?
- How to act at intersections and junctions?
- Speed limits (in urban areas and highways)
- How to reverse your car?
- All signals information.
Phase III- Road Test
This is probably the most important phase because you have to practically demonstrate the theory that you have learned so far.
- During this test, you should be able to smoothly run the vehicle.
- Don’t be too hard on the brakes and the accelerator. If you have to slow down the car, you should do that with ease. Remember, there is no one behind you as it is your test day and you can do it well.
- In order to avoid sudden shock, you should not use your brakes at once.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is timely correcting the gears. It is your test, so you are definitely not in any kind of rush.
- Before you enter an intersection (if any) you must have a look at both sides and then make your turn.
Things to Consider
- The minimum age to give a driving test in the US is 16 years.
- A driver’s license test will be same for everyone except for people with some kind of mental or physical disorder.
- During the test, you are not supposed to converse with your instructor. Therefore, if there are any queries, you must ask them before the tests begin in every phase.
A Final Word
All the people who are able to pass the test will instantly acquire the driver’s license. However, those who are unable to pass it can give the test again.