WordPress is one of the most used platforms when it comes to building and owning a website. Because of its versatility, you can create a great website that not only people will love but people will trust. The problem is how to create an effective WordPress web design that will grab people’s attention? If you’re new to web design you can hire a website design company like Hook Agency – Minneapolis Web Design to help you out. If not this article will give you a rundown of the top tips to follow to make this happen when designing your site. Let’s get started.
WordPress Web Design
Selecting The Best Theme
WordPress offers a variety of different design themes that you can choose from. However when selecting one it’s important to balance the functions and design accordingly in order for the best results. How can you do this? This can be done by:
- Deciding what you need your website to do and make sure the theme is flexible.
- Avoid using complex theme templates as this will only frustrate and your visitors.
- See whether you can try a demo first up.
- Make sure the theme is responsive for other device use.
- Check what your competition is doing and which themes can do this better.
- Don’t rely on just the price.
Choosing the right theme for your website is important because it helps to entice people to continue shopping or not.
Remember To Keep Speed A Factor
Your website speed is important because if you’re website is slow it can cause your visitors to leave your website and not return. Some people make the mistake of adding many different plugins, images and other high running elements which can slow down your website’s operating speed. If you want to avoid this, here’s some things to consider:
- Choose a good host for your wordpress site.
- Use an effective cache plugin.
- Incorporate a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Optimize images to make them load faster.
- Optimize your homepage by reducing posts per page, removing unnecessary widgets, removing inactive plugins, as well as keeping the homepage with minimal content.
- Control the amount of post revisions which are stored.
- Avoid video hosting on your website.
Speeding up your website is important to help keep your visitors on your site for longer. Take these tips into consideration to help keep your wordpress site fast.
Choose A Good Font
The font of your website is another design element that you need to take into consideration. This is because certain fonts give off a certain feel and atmosphere that represent your website. Some font types and their meanings include:
- Times New Roman – Professional
- Arial – Casual
- Comic Sans MS – Playful/Fun
- Script – Romantic
- Cambria – Computer related
- Impact – Intense
When choosing a font for your website, some things to consider include.
- Decide what message you want to convey to your visitors – serious, fun, playful, or comedic.
- Think about how readable the font is. Is it difficult to read?
- Think about the background colour you’re choosing to have on the back.
- Think about the font colour you’re looking to have.
- The type of content you’re going to have on your website.
- Keep the ratio of white space and text even to avoid your site looking cluttered.
Font design is important because it will be one of the first things that your visitors will see when they visit your website. Because of this it needs to be easy to read to help.
Use Great Images
When it comes to creating a beautifully designed website, your photos can make or break the impression your website gives to the readers. When choosing the images for your website, there’s some things that you need to consider and these include:
- Use a real professional photographer to showcase products that you’re selling. Professional photographers can give a new angle on products which give off a look of professionalism and luxury. If you’re doing team photos a professional photographer is also a good idea.
- Use stock images for blogs to help give a more formal and unified look across all your content. This will help to give brand relevance and will help people know your brand better because of its consistency.
- Make sure images are colourful, clear and concise to give off that professional look.
- Use interesting images to grab people’s attention and draw their eye to the area you want them to look at.
Images are important. Avoid using bad imagery as this will affect the overall design and look you’re trying to convey.
When it comes to WordPress web design tips, these are some that can help you make your website look professional and enticing to your visitors. Remember every little element counts but you don’t want to go overboard.