Effective WordPress Web Design Tips To Follow ASAP
Learn how to create an effective web design for your WordPress site to grab people’s attention with best effective tips & good practices
WordPress is one of the most used platforms when it comes to building and owning a website. Because of its versatility, you can create a great website that not only people will love but people will trust. The problem is how to create an effective WordPress web design following the best practices and tips that will grab people’s attention? If you’re new to web design you can hire a website design company like Agency Web Design to help you out. If not this article will give you a rundown of the top tips to follow to make this happen when designing your site. Let’s get started.
Best WordPress Web Design Tips and Good Practices
Selecting The Best Theme
WordPress offers a variety of different design themes that you can choose from. However, when selecting one it’s important to balance the functions and design accordingly for the best results. How can you do this? This can be done by:
- Deciding what you need your website to do and make sure the theme is flexible.
- Avoid using complex theme templates as this will only frustrate and your visitors.
- See whether you can try a demo first up.
- Make sure the theme is responsive to other device use.
- Check what your competition is doing and which themes can do this better.
- Don’t rely on just the price.
Choosing the right theme for your website is important because it helps to entice people to continue shopping or not.
Effective WordPress Web Design Tips: Remember To Keep Speed A Factor
Your website speed is important because if your website is slow it can cause your visitors to leave your website and not return. Some people make the mistake of adding many different plugins, images and other high running elements which can slow down your website’s operating speed. If you want to avoid this, here are some things to consider:
- Choose a good host for your WordPress site.
- Use an effective cache plugin.
- Incorporate a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Optimize images to make them load faster.
- Optimize your homepage by reducing posts per page, removing unnecessary widgets, removing inactive plugins, as well as keeping the homepage with minimal content.
- Control the number of post revisions that are stored.
- Avoid video hosting on your website.
Speeding up your website is important to help keep your visitors on your site for longer. Take these tips into consideration to help keep your WordPress site fast.
Choose A Good Font Effective WordPress Web Design Tips
The font of your website is another design element that you need to take into consideration. This is because certain fonts give off a certain feel and atmosphere that represent your website. Some font types and their meanings include:
- Times New Roman – Professional
- Arial – Casual
- Comic Sans MS – Playful/Fun
- Script – Romantic
- Cambria – Computer related
- Impact – Intense
When choosing a font for your website, some things to consider include.
- Firstly, decide what message you want to convey to your visitors – serious, fun, playful, or comedic.
- How readable the font is. Is it difficult to read?
- Think about the background color you’re choosing to have on the back.
- Think about the font color you’re looking to have.
- The type of content you’re going to have on your website.
- Finally, keep the ratio of white space and text even to avoid your site looking cluttered.
Font design is important because it will be one of the first things that your visitors will see when they visit your website. Because of this, it needs to be easy to read to help.
Use Great Images WordPress Design Best Practices
According to Global graphics, when it comes to creating a beautifully designed website, your photos can make or break the impression your website gives to the readers. When choosing the images for your website, there are some things that you need to consider, and these include:
- Firstly, use a real professional photographer to showcase the products that you’re selling. Professional photographers can give a new angle on products that give off a look of professionalism and luxury. If you’re doing team photos, a professional photographer is also a good idea.
- Secondly, use stock images for blogs to help give a more formal and unified look across all your content. This will help to give brand relevance and help people know your brand better because of its consistency.
- Ensure images are colorful, clear, and concise to give off that professional look.
- Finally, use interesting images to grab people’s attention and draw their eyes to the area you want them to look at.
Images are important. Avoid using lousy imagery as this will affect the overall design and look you’re trying to convey.
Effective WordPress Web Design Tips Conclusion
Finally, when it comes to WordPress web design tips, these are some that can help you make your website look professional and enticing to your visitors. Remember every little element counts but you don’t want to go overboard.