2020 is the year of digitalization. Today, everything is done through digital media. From shopping for clothes to grocery and even booking a doctor’s appointment. When it comes to both large and small-scale businesses, the advertisements and promotions are now preferred to be done on-the-go through online channels. Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective and easiest ways to stay connected with the target audience. In this article, we’ll share the five best WordPress plugin for email automation.
Best WordPress Plugins for Email Automation in 2020
Here are some interesting email marketing statistics stated by Oberlo that you should know:
- Firstly, in 2019, there were 3.9 billion email users in the world and this number is expected to grow to 4.3 billion in 2023.
- Secondly, for every $1 spent on email marketing is expected to return an average of $42.
- 81% of SMBs rely on emails as their customer acquisition tool and 80% use them for customer retention
- The average open rate of welcome emails is 82%
- 50% higher open rates are generated when the email is personalized
- 3 abandoned cart emails sent to users results in 69% more orders compared to a single mail
- Click rates can be increased by 300% if the email contains interactive elements like video
- Finally, 49% of customers like to receive promotional emails on a weekly basis from their favorite brands
These numbers show that every business needs a robust email marketing plan to build connections and generate more leads. But, there is a slight hiccup. Email marketing is easier said than done. Most companies take about 2 days to complete a single email. The time is divided as follows:
- 4.1 hours for design & graphics
- 3.8 hours for coding & development
- 3 hours for copywriting
- 2.4 hours for data pulls or logic
- 2.3 hours for testing & troubleshooting
- 2.1 hours for analytics & analysis
This is a lot of time and this is where email automation comes in. Below mentioned are 2020’s best WordPress plugins for email automation that will help you to optimize your overall email marketing process.
Omnisend is a very popular WordPress email marketing plugin and deserves the top spot for good reason. Omnisend is not your regular automation tool for email marketing as it caters to the audience with omnichannel marketing. This enables businesses to reach a much wider audience pool, via myriad channels like, push notifications, SMS, and of course, emails.
Omnisend is the email marketing plugin for you if you want to graduate to an omnichannel marketing experience.
- Robust email builder
- Visual workflow
- Provides wheel-of-fortune sign up forms and engaging landing pages
- Smart interactive that allows businesses to personalize and target your message
- Innovative automation capabilities that let you add various channels to the same workflow
There is a free trial version that allows you to build and send 15,000 emails per month. Then, comes the standard version priced at $16/month that lets you automate your emails and also start SMS marketing. To fully tap into the possibilities of omnichannel marketing, you need to sign up for their $99/month pro package. If you want to benefit from enterprise-grade personalization, choose their enterprise package with custom pricing and unlimited emails per month.
2 Newsletter: WordPress Plugins for Email Automation
The Newsletter is a self-contained email marketing automation solution. After installing it on your WordPress website, you can instantly start collecting emails, as well as, sending newsletters. There are no complicated setups required for this plugin.
- Gather email addresses through a customizable page, widget or a form
- Design newsletters by using a responsive system of drag-and-drop
- Segment your list in order to target separate audiences with specific business messages
- A central status panel where you can configure the plugin and also keep track of your email campaigns
The base plugin will not cost you anything, but for additional functionality, you need to check out the premium extensions. You can separately purchase these or buy them all at 76.59 for three sites or for $298.60 for unlimited websites.
3 Mailster: WordPress Plugins for Email Automation
Mailster is a self-contained solution for WordPress, which means that third-party service is not required to use it. This is a premium-only plugin and provides a comprehensive set of features.
- Firstly, design and create emails by using the templates library and the drag-and-drop builder
- Secondly, automation is possible and you can send out emails on the basis of specified trigger points
- Segment and manage your email lists within WordPress
- Finally, a centralized dashboard that lets you view analytics on your subscribers and emails
As it is a premium plugin, Mailster will cost you $59 for a single website license, regular updates, and 6 months’ support.
4 MailChimp: WordPress Plugins for Email Automation
MailChimp is a name that is well-known to email marketers. It is one of the most preferred email marketing services and now, there is a plugin to help with your WordPress website. The plugin is a bridge between your MailChimp and WordPress account for efficient performance.
There is no need to worry if you’re not already a MailChimp user. It doesn’t take long to open a new account. You can use the subscription-based email marketing service of MailChimp by installing its plugin.
- Firstly, mobile-optimized and user-friendly sign-up forms
- Secondly, integrated seamlessly with other form plugins
- Dedicated and friendly support
- Manage subscribers list in multiple ways
- Email newsletters send with very less manual work
- For better navigation, the plugin integrates your MailChimp account with your WordPress website
- Engaging opt-in forms.
- Finally, translation-ready
MailChimp plugin offers a freemium package for up to 200 subscribers. $14.99 per month and $299 per month are MailChimp subscription fees for accessing its advanced tools and taking advantage of its latest functionalities.
A freemium plugin, MailPoet smoothly integrates with the WordPress dashboard. You can design, schedule, and even send emails right from your website. You can also manage your lists.
- Firstly, design a subscription form and you can embed it anywhere you like on your website
- Secondly, build emails from scratch or you can make use of the different starter templates
- Multiple subscribers list can be up and you can manage them from within your WordPress website
- Finally, you can send signup notifications, as well as, welcome emails automatically
The base plugin does not cost anything and there is also a free plan where you get 1,000 subscribers. It also includes premium features for free like WooCommerce features. In conclusion, if you wish to get access to its reporting and statistics features, get the premium plugin for the price of $99.
WordPress Plugins for Email Automation Final Words
Email marketing was crucial to digital marketing and it is to remain so for years to come. However, as a marketer, you cannot afford to have all your time and resources devoted to email marketing. Hence, you need to find ways to get a lot of work complete, but in less time. The mentioned WordPress plugins should help in automating your email marketing campaigns and free up your time to concentrate on the core aspects of your business.