If the charger cables are frayed or the cords are broken it will not only affect the performance of the device. In addition, will also damage them. It will also cause an inefficient charging resulting in an increase your monthly utility bills as well. Therefore, if you want to keep your charger in sync and [protect your mobile device, repair and protect your iPhone charger cords to prevent them from breaking in the first place. Here are a few effective and easy ways to do so.
Charger Cables Fix Tips
Cable Pen Spring
You can protect your apple charger cable from breaking with pen spring. You may feel that it will make the charger look ugly but it is effective to protect your cable from breaking and it is a time tested and honored trick as well. It is a simple process to follow.
- If you have a couple of old pens lying around open these
- Remove the spring and
- Wind it around your iPhone cord at the top and at the bottom as well.
- Make sure that the slightly thicker part just below the connector is well covered to protect it from breaking.
The spring will help prevent the cord from bending much overly and hold all of it together.
Use a Paracord To Protect Your Charger Cable
You can also protect your charger cable with a paracord. This is a creative way to protect your charger cable from breaking.
- Take a reasonable length of paracord and gut it
- Melt the ends to prevent it from fraying
- Weave the entire lot of the paracord around your charging cable and
- Use a ‘cobra’ knot as you go ahead.
The end will be less ugly in comparison to a pen spring and more colorful and customizable to boot. However, here the catch is tying the paracord knot. There are lots of websites that will provide step by step guide for it. Take help from these.
Use Electrical Tape
This is the best trick to save your charger cable from breaking. Electrical tape is easily available and a strong protector.
- Firstly, take a length of this electrical tape
- Secondly, wrap the ends of the cord with it
- Finally, make sure that it is as tight as possible at the place where the cable meets the plugs and you are good to go.
This process will work great if you want an inexpensive way to protect your cord but be informed that it will be for a short while as over time the tape will come loose and leave a nasty sticky residue.
Heat Shrink Tubing
If you do not want any mess then using a heat shrink tubing is the best and the sexiest option to protect or repair a charger cable. This stuff is:
- Easily available in local hardware stores and
- Comes in many colors.
Slide the tubing over the cable and use a hairdryer to heat it up so that it shrinks to fit on the wire to provide it with good reinforcement. You will get additional protection if you use a pen spring over the cord first and then shrink wrap the tubing over it.