Google Docs To WordPress: Import Content Guide With Mammoth
Learn how to import from Google Docs content and paste to a WordPress website using the Mammoth plugin in this guide
Are you a fan of Google Docs? Sure you are. It’s an amazing tool thanks to its easy collaboration and formatting features. However, it wasn’t that amazing if you wanted to import from Google Docs to WordPress until now because today you’ll learn how to import from Google Docs content and paste to a WordPress website using the Mammoth plugin in this guide.
Most of us write articles using the WordPress editor or desktop editors like Open Live Writer, Blogo, Desk, or another. But, what do you do if you need to get an article from someone else? In my nine years of blogging, most users prefer sending articles (guest posts) using Google Docs or they send a usual .docx file. As a result, you need to spend time editing and importing it.
Why Use Mammoth to Import Google Docs to WordPress
Mammoth is a popular and reliable tool that allows you to convert Google Docs documents to HTML format, which can then be effortlessly imported into WordPress. The key benefits of using Mammoth include:
- Retaining Formatting: Mammoth preserves your content’s original formatting, ensuring a seamless transition to your WordPress website.
- Support for Complex Documents: Whether your Google Docs contain images, tables, footnotes, or lists, Mammoth handles all these elements effectively.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Mammoth is compatible with different operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Preparing Your Google Docs Document
Before importing your content, take the following steps to ensure a smooth process: Learn how to import from Google Docs content and paste to a WordPress website using the Mammoth plugin in this guide.
- Structure: Organize your content using headings (H1, H2, etc.) and subheadings for better readability and SEO-friendliness.
- Images: Ensure that all images are inserted in the appropriate locations in the document.
- Hyperlinks: Check that hyperlinks are functional and point to the correct URLs.
- Special Characters: Verify that all special characters are displaying correctly.
Install & Active Mammoth .docx converter Plugim
The very first thing you need to do is, install and activated the plugin. Just go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New and search for “Mammoth”. Click on “Install Now” and “Activate” button. This plugin has no options panel. Once it’s active, you don’t need to change anything else.
Download Google Docs File (Import)
The next step is to download the Google Docs file as Microsoft Word (.docx). So, go to the Google Docs file and click on File. Download as Microsoft Word (.docx). As a result, the file will be downloaded on your computer.
Upload The Google Docs Content To WordPress Editor
Now it’s time to upload the file to WordPress. You will find a “Mammoth .docx converter” box under the WordPress Post Editor. Now you need to choose the .docx file that you want to upload to your WordPress Editor.
So, after uploading the file, you can see the ‘Visual’ and ‘Raw HTML’ version of the file. If it seems OK, so just click on the “Insert into the editor” button. It will take some time to process the file. Once it’s done, you can see the full Google docs file in the Post Editor. And most of the cases, it will keep the format as it was.
After importing the content, go through this checklist to optimize your post:
- SEO Optimization: Add meta title, description, and relevant tags to enhance SEO performance.
- Readability: Ensure your content is easy to read, using short paragraphs, bullet points, and headings.
- Image Optimization: Optimize images for faster loading times and add relevant alt text.
- Internal and External Links: Add relevant internal and external links for further reading.
- Proofreading: Thoroughly review the content for any errors or typos.
Guide for Mammoth Plugin Conclusion
Importing content from Google Docs to WordPress using Mammoth is a straightforward and efficient process. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can seamlessly transfer your content while maintaining its original formatting and SEO-friendliness.
Embrace this powerful workflow to streamline your content creation and publishing process, enabling you to focus more on delivering valuable content to your audience. Happy content importing!
Finally, If you have any further questions about how to import from Google Docs to WordPress, leave them in the comments and I’ll try to help out!