How to Use Video to Boost E-Commerce Sales
A well-produced video can generate millions of views – and a significant increase in sales. Learn how to use video to boost eCommerce sales.
While a picture can paint a thousand words, a well-produced video can generate millions of views – and a significant increase in sales. Over 60% of consumers buy after watching branded social videos, and those who then visit an e-commerce site are a whopping 184% more likely to purchase and spend 45% more. In this article, we’ll learn how to use video to boost eCommerce sales.
Furthermore, marketers who incorporate videos in their campaigns could see their revenue grow almost 50% faster than those who don’t, while also increasing their conversion rate by 34%.
Video marketing works, but with the intense competition in online marketing and the costs associated with video production, you need to do it right. The tips below can help you achieve that.
1. Define Your Marketing Goal
Before you invest time and money into any video marketing activity, decide what you want to get out of it. Is your goal brand awareness? What about conversions? Is it to engage current customers or engage with potential ones? Understanding this will make everything much more manageable.
Based on your marketing goal, you can then look for relevant video content on how to answer your customer’s questions, solve their problems, or even do a quick product demonstration.
These tips can help you clearly define your marketing objectives::
● Go back to your business vision, mission, and plan. From there, you can identify your target customers and the content they need and use a video to boost your sales.
● Run analytics. By checking your existing website, you can get insight into the following:
- Firstly, what are your users looking for?
- Secondly, what are they clicking on?
- Finally, why are they leaving your site?
Use Google Analytics to measure where users are spending most of their time so you can prioritize content production.
● Spy on your competitors. Take a look at how your competitors are doing their video marketing. What do they produce? On which days and at what times are they publishing videos? How long is each video? Do they vary their topics or channels now and then to keep things fresh? So, competitor analysis will give you more ideas on what content to produce.
2. Think Mobile: Use Video to Boost Sales
Experts believe that mobile commerce’s volume will rise at a 25.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2019 to 2024, comprising 44% of e-commerce by 2024. This segment alone could generate almost $500 billion within this period, making it one of the leading shopping channels.
Create videos for mobile with these ideas:
● Make videos for social media. However, don’t make your videos too long, as these types of videos are often short. TikTok videos, for example, are only three minutes long.
● Remember user experience (UX) design. Video formats need to be responsive, intuitive, and functional.
3. Diversify Your Video Content
Video content gives you more opportunities to stay relevant and keep your brand on its toes. Here are a few ideas for you:
● Customer support videos: Answer frequently asked questions, do a quick demo of a product, or give instructions on how to use the features of your website. You can also provide guides for beginners on how to get started with specific products.
● Product review videos: Share your product’s features, create a comparison to similar products, or highlight the benefits of a product that a customer might not have known about.
● Event videos: Share photos and brief footage from events you attend to keep customers up-to-date on what’s happening in your company. You can also record and upload webinars, podcasts, and annual meetings.
Click here if you need more great video marketing ideas.
4. Optimize Video Content for SEO: Use Video to Boost Sales
Search engine optimization (SEO) is just as helpful in video marketing as email and other online marketing strategies. Plus, YouTube and social media sites encourage video optimization so you can attract more views.
Search engines like Google love videos and they can help your site rank higher in searches, thereby increasing your chances of being found.
Essential tips for optimizing your videos include:
● Use the right keywords to make your video content discoverable. Include keywords in the title, description, and tags of every video you publish. If you need a little inspiration, you can use this guide to help you find the best SEO keywords.
● Post frequently on various platforms to grow your audience. If uploading videos to Google’s platform isn’t enough for you, create accounts with other social media sites too. Moreover, remember that optimizing content across these platforms is an essential part of boosting SEO and viewership.
These tips and tricks should provide some of the knowledge and know-how to create engaging video content. So, which, in turn, can help your e-commerce business get ahead of its competitors.