There are many reasons why businesses and bloggers are using WordPress. For starters, WordPress is free to install and very easy to navigate and upgrade. It’s one of the most popular content management systems in the world, and with a handful of plugins available, one can utilize such a system based on the demands of the market and their audience. WordPress is also a flexible software, allowing users to represent their brands. However, because you’re not the first or only person to use WordPress, how can you make sure that yours actually stand out? How can you get the traction you need when the competition in the business arena is tough? Improving your link building efforts for your WordPress site is the key.
Link Building Improvement
Link building is one strategy that can put your business or brand on top of search engine results pages. When your WordPress site has the components for effective link building, you will receive referral traffic, improve brand visibility and brand authority, and increase your brand’s trust and credibility. If you have been using WordPress for years and you’re still not getting any of these benefits, work on improving your link building strategies by doing the following:
- Get to know your audience: There are many ways on how you can take advantage of a WordPress site, but most commonly it is used to grow an existing audience and expand to a new market. To do these, assess who your existing audience is and who will be your ideal audience. If your business is selling health supplements, your current audience might be professionals in the healthcare and fitness industry. This can include gym and yoga instructors, nutritionists, and dieticians. You can think about reaching out to a more general group of health-conscious individuals – such as the ones who are keen to gaining or losing weight – and consider them as your ideal audience. Do some research and get to know your audience. Determine which type of content is appealing to them.
- Come up with a list of websites that are suited for your desired audience: Now that you know who your ideal audience is, do your own homework and scout for websites that are suited to this audience. Make a list of websites that can help you communicate with your new audience easily and fast. If you find websites that already have a well-established name and reputation in the eyes of your new audience, don’t forget to use their links. Supplementing your link building strategies with these links can help you reach your new audience.
- Write amazing content: If you want your WordPress site to be known as an expert in the industry, always write amazing content. This is also one of the easiest ways to have other websites use your WordPress link. Your content should be accurate, informative, and clean. It should be free from any grammatical errors and written using simple words. Most importantly, all of your content should be relatable to your existing and new audience. Put yourself in their shoes, and think what type of content they are expecting from your WordPress site.
If you’re selling products and services, your content shouldn’t be focused on merely selling. Instead, your content should tell the audience how their lives can improve with your products and services.
Paint a clear picture of how their life is right now and what possible problems are they facing. Most often than not, your audience doesn’t realize that there’s actually a problem, which is why they also don’t consider buying from a certain business. If your content can open their eyes to the problems they’re facing, it’ll be easy for the audience to decide to buy from you.
- Match content to websites: Go back to the list of websites you have. Assess which of these websites fit the content you’ve written and use those links in your content. It’s best that you choose websites that have the same niche as yours. Doing this will add credibility to your content.
- Use social media: Aside from posting pictures and sharing your daily status, you can also utilize social media to promote your WordPress site. Once content is already published, copy the link and post this in different social media platforms. If you have social media accounts solely used for your business or blog, use these to promote your WordPress link as well. If you already have a strong following on these platforms, it’ll be easier for your WordPress site to gain traffic.
- Ask pros for help: There are several sources that can help you with your link building efforts. However, if you have a lot of things on your plate, you might not have the time to implement any strategies. Or if you’re link building for the first time, you might end up with half-baked results that can damage your online reputation. You can steer away from this direction by working with professionals such as No BS Agency. These businesses offer services to help you with your link building efforts. Hiring them can be a cost-effective solution to all of your link building woes.
Set Your Priorities
If you want your link building strategies to give you the results you want, aim your efforts to bring a new audience to your website. This should be your priority so you’ll be able to streamline your efforts and determine which techniques you should use and shouldn’t use. Improved SEO ranking through link building on your WordPress site and all other benefits are just secondary effects. These will all come along once you’ve successfully gained a new audience.