Slider Revolution is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create responsive sliders with many animation effects, text, image and video layers, and many other features. The textual content of the slides’ layers needs to be translated in multilingual sliders. In this tutorial, we teach you how to do this with WPML.
What you will need for multilingual sliders
- Slider Revolution plugin (version 126.96.36.199 or above).
- A recent version of WPML (version 188.8.131.52 or above).
- WPML Media add-on (version 2.1.23 or above)
Getting Started and What To Check
Is your site already configured by your developer?
We simply recommend you to make sure the following plugins and options are activated.
Are you setting up WPML yourself?
Then you need to follow the steps below.
- Set up WPML from WPML -> Languages. See our WPML Getting Started Guide for a complete reference. The initial, simple three-step setup is self-explanatory, asking you to choose your default language, a set of active languages, and a language selector. (For starters, choose the footer language selector; you can change this later.)
- Install and activate the core WPML plugins (WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML Media) first, followed by other WPML plugins that may depend on them.
Translating Slider Revolution Sliders
- On your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Slider Revolution.
- Choose the slider that you want to translate.
- Click on the Slider Setting tab.
- Click on the General Settings found on the menu to the right, then click on the Misc.tab.
- Set the Use Multilingual Language (WPML) option to On. Don’t forget to Save the settings by clicking on the green save icon.
- Go back to the Slide Editor tab.
- Click on the slide that you want to translate then click on the “+” icon and choose the language you want to translate the slide into.
- Click on the flag of the language you have chosen, then click on Edit Slide.
- Add your translated text to the slide and then click the Save icon.
To translate all the slides inside the slider select the slide and repeat steps 7 to 9.
All the Visualmodo WordPress theme as fully compatible with both plugins and also included Slider Revolution plugin for free while theme usage.