Multilingual Sliders with Slider Revolution & WPML
The content of the slides’ layers can be translated in multilingual sliders using WPML plugin. In this tutorial, we teach you how to do this.
Slider Revolution is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create responsive sliders with many animation effects, text, images, video layers, and many other features. The textual content of the slides’ layers needs to be translated into multilingual sliders using WPML. In this tutorial, we teach you how to do this with WPML.
What you will need for multilingual sliders
- Slider Revolution plugin (version 18.104.22.168 or above).
- A recent version of WPML (version 22.214.171.124 or above).
- WPML Media add-on (version 2.1.23 or above)
Getting Started and What To Check
Is your site already up by your developer?
We simply recommend you make sure the following plugins and options are ready.
Are you setting up WPML yourself for Multilingual sliders?
Then you need to follow the steps below.
- Set up WPML from WPML -> Languages. See our WPML Getting Started Guide for a complete reference. The initial, simple three-step setup is self-explanatory, asking you to choose your default language, a set of active languages, and a language selector. (For starters, choose the footer language selector; you can change this later.)
- Install and activate the core WPML plugins (WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML Media) first, followed by other WPML plugins that may depend on them.
Using Revolution Slider 6+ Version
Let’s start translating a normal slider. For post-based sliders, see the sections below. To translate the slider:
- Firstly, go to the slider (module) edit screen.
- Secondly, navigate to the module’s general settings. Scroll down and check Use WPML settings, then click Save. Go to Slideshow Options and click on WPML to create multilingual sliders.
- Dragon from the slide. Select the default slideshow language from the drop-down menu and click Save.
- Hover over the slides menu item and click the copy icon to copy the slide you want to translate.
- Select the copied slides. We recommend that you use meaningful names to indicate the language of the slides you will be translating.
- Translate the text of the slide. Once done, go to Slideshow Options and click on WPML.
- Finally, move from the slide. Drop-down menu, select the language you translate your slides into, and save.
In addition, to translate all slides in the slider, select the slides and repeat steps 5 through 7.
Translating Slider Revolution Sliders
1 – Firstly, on your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Slider Revolution.
2 – Choose the slider that you want to translate.
3 – Click on the Slider Setting tab.
4 – Click on the General Settings found on the menu to the right, then click on the Misc. tab.
5 – Set the Use Multilingual Language (WPML) option to On. Don’t forget to save the settings by clicking on the green save icon.
6 – Go back to the Slide Editor tab to create your Multilingual sliders using WPML.
7 – Click on the slide that you want to translate then click on the “+” icon and choose the language you want to translate the slide into.
8 – Moreover, click on the flag of the language you have chosen, then click on Edit Slide. and your Multilingual sliders are up using WPML.
9 – In addition, add your translated text to the slide and then click the Save icon.
Finally, to translate all the slides inside the slider select the slide and repeat steps 7 to 9. As a result, Multilingual sliders are ready to use WPML.
All the Visualmodo WordPress theme as fully compatible with both plugins and also included Slider Revolution plugin for free while theme usage.