Pros and Cons of In-house vs. Outsourced Marketing
In this article, we will show you the pros, cons, and disadvantages of in-house vs. outsourced digital marketing
Should you employ outsourced or in-house marketing for your B2B manufacturing marketing? Well, this is a question that many business owners need help to answer. The truth is that both types of marketing come with their own merits and demerits. This article will show you the pros, cons, and disadvantages of in-house vs. outsourced digital marketing.
Therefore, you should take time to understand the marketing tactics that are best suited for your business. Remember, every business is unique. Thus, the marketing tactic that successfully works for another company may not work for you and vice versa.
What Is In-house Marketing?
This marketing is done inside your company by your team of professionals. As everything is handled by your employees, you do not need to outsource help.
In-house Marketing: Pros
- Provides a high level of competency
An in-house marketing team operates on the mantra, ‘united we stand, divided we fall.’ When your company has its marketing team, you will have a determined group of people ready to complement each other with their distinct skills. This is highly important in B2B manufacturing marketing. The knowledge and skills that your in-house marketing team possesses may be precisely what you need to elevate your business.
- Saves time
Compared to in-house and outsourced marketing, you will need to choose the perfect marketing team to represent your company. This time could be better spent on handling other company matters. Also, spending a lot of time on the selection process makes it difficult to manage expectations. In this aspect, in-house marketing is better because you will have a team of competent marketers ready to go the extra mile in marketing your business.
- Liberates you
While owning a business is excellent, having total control over it is even better. Your in-house marketing team makes it easy to call on your staff whenever they need it. It also makes it easy to look at other things while knowing that the B2B manufacturing marketing aspect to take care of your business is well.
In-house Marketing: Cons
- When it comes to B2B marketing manufacturing, having experts in the field can come with inherent risks. For example, assembling the right, robust team is highly expensive. Finding the right head of the marketing department, manager, and staff underneath them is no walk in the park.
- With your in-house marketing team, you will only enjoy varied services if the team focuses on marketing. However, most outsourced marketers will market, develop your website, and even offer social media expertise simultaneously.
- Involving in your brand has its merits and demerits in the thick of different matters. So, it is challenging to get a good view of the things that are not working for your brand. This is where outsourced marketing is beneficial- an agency will always come in with a fresh perspective and not shy away from pointing out mistakes.
What Is Outsourced Marketing?
This marketing type is exactly as it sounds- outsourced. It is outsourcing a third party to help with your marketing.
Outsourced Marketing: Pros
- Agency marketers excel under pressure. Needless to say, they have a high level of expertise that has battled all verticals. Thus, you can be sure their high expertise will make your marketing project successful.
- We pay marketing agencies to provide results. If you feel like your outsourced marketing needs to provide the results you expected, you can seek something new and recoup your investment.
- Outsourcing your marketing will give you more time to focus on other business aspects and freely manage operational opportunities.
Outsourced Marketing: Cons
- Although your in-house marketing team is open to your new ideas and input, an outsourced marketing team believes they already have all the answers. They often have strong opinions in the way they handle business. While their ideas could conflict with yours, you can only do a little because you have already handed over your marketing reigns.
- There is always the possibility of ending up with a marketing product that does not meet your expectations. When this is the case, spending more money to remedy the situation.
- If the marketing agency you outsource is investing in other projects, they may have other projects and need help to give your project their full attention.
Concluding- Which Marketing Is Right For Me?
If you have the financial resources that will help you build a marketing team from scratch. Then, in-house marketing may be the best option. This means you will hire a digital marketer, graphic designer, and marketing director to ensure your marketing dreams come true.
However, if you do not have the resources to do this, consider outsourcing your marketing. When outsourcing, choose an agency that holds itself accountable and will exemplify your brand. We hope this article, with the pros and cons of in-house vs. outsourced digital marketing and its disadvantages, has helped you!