Your business can gain a lot of benefits from having a digital marketing campaign. One aspect of online advertising is search engine optimization (SEO), which allows you to direct more potential buyers to your website, resulting in more revenue. If you own a startup or a small business, you may want to outsource this process to a third-party agency instead of hiring additional employees to save money. Here’s a list of the things you should examine when hiring SEO companies in the UK:
SEO Companies UK Based
1- Past Successes
A potential SEO firm must present to you their professional portfolio. This includes their clients and their accomplishments. This can consist of figures of the new traffic, leads, revenue, and growth they helped their customers achieve through search engine ranking. Witnessing their past work can also give you an idea of their SEO style and allows you to assess whether it’ll work for your brand.
2 – Positive References
It’s essential to do your research on the company you want to hire because, if you’re going to allocate a budget for your digital marketing campaign, you must ensure that you get your money’s worth. SEO firms like Ocean One SEO include testimonials on their websites to make it easier for future customers to read the experiences of their previous clients. You can also look for other reviews on the agency through search engines to get a holistic idea of how they work with their business partners.
3 – Their Process
Transparency is vital in any working relationship. The company must be able to provide you with the processes they use to improve your website’s rankings in Google, Bing, and other search engines. They should tell you how they’ll audit the elements of your site and optimize them for search as well as keyword research, which is another crucial factor for SEO.
These are the typical processes involved in SEO:
- Audit – Most agencies begin by going through your website and checking the technical elements that are influencing the experience of your visitors such as the speed. Another review is done on your existing content to assess whether it can be optimized even more.
- Website Optimization – This is a more technical process that involves tweaking the elements found in the audit to make your website fully optimized for search. This should eliminate problems like broken links, slow page speed, and crawl errors.
- Keyword Research – With millions of people using Google to search for information, SEO companies look for the specific words or phrases that your target audience uses to search for products and services that are similar to yours. This data allows you to take advantage of those keywords and incorporate them into your content.
- Content Writing – You also have the option of hiring the agency to write high-quality content on your behalf, which plays a significant role in the effectiveness of your SEO strategies. This way, they can publish your posts consistently while including relevant keywords in each one.
4 – Their Practices
Google has always been transparent about updates on their algorithms that affect search engine rankings and indexing. An excellent SEO agency must always stay updated and adapt to the changes without compromising the quality of their work. Plus, you should also be aware of black hat SEO, which uses unethical tactics to manipulate search engines without bringing something of value to the user.
Some black hat SEO practices to look out for are:
- Keyword Stuffing – This pertains to the technique of filling your content with keywords to manipulate a particular page’s rank on search engines. It will only bring confusion to your readers and make your site pop up for queries that are not relevant to your niche.
- Cloaking – Cloaking is the tactic of showing one post to users while having an entirely different one in place for search engines. It’s also used for a website to rank for irrelevant keywords.
- Crafty Redirection – Another practice is to send visitors to a different URL from the one they clicked. One common method is to redirect a high-performing authoritative page to another one that’s completely irrelevant just to increase the latter’s rank on search engines.
- Link Farms – Link farms are websites that abuse the process of link building, which is the method of getting authoritative pages to direct visitors to your domain. Some use these farms to inflate the number of backlinks to a specific site.
SEO levels the field for small businesses and large corporations regarding online advertising. It provides an increase in traffic and revenue at affordable costs. By outsourcing this process to a digital marketing company, you reap the benefits of their expertise and experience, leading to better quality leads and higher sales. We hope you can find the best SEO companies in UK now.