A great free WordPress plugin to secure and make your site user’s experience better. Simple Google reCAPTCHA will protect your WordPress! No more spam comments and brute-force attacks against user accounts. Really lightweight plugin – just a few KBs to download!
What is protected with reCAPTCHA?
- Firstly, the comment form
- Secondly, a new password form
- Registration form
- Login form
- Reset password form
- Finally, BuddyPress and WooCommerce support
Simple Google reCAPTCHA
reCaptcha verification will be required just for not registered users! reCAPTCHA protects internet users from spam and abuse wherever they go. Today we’re excited to introduce the new Android API of reCAPTCHA (see our blog). In addition, as part of Google SafetyNet API, it mitigates risks on mobile through enhanced security and uses the latest Invisible reCAPTCHA technology to streamline the user experience. So, get developer updates here.
- Firstly, upload Simple reCAPTCHA files to the “/wp-content/plugins/simple-google-ReCaptcha” directory, or install Google reCAPTCHA through the WordPress Plugins page directly.
- Secondly, activate reCAPTCHA through the WordPress Plugins page.
- Finally, use the menu Settings => reCAPTCHA to configure the plugin.
The plugin needs 2 Google API keys to add a reCAPTCHA checkbox to your comment form. To get the API keys, head over to the Google reCAPTCHA website and click on the ‘Admin Console’ button located at the top right corner of the screen.
Finally, download this WordPress plugin for free
So, What reCAPTCHA Do?
ReCAPTCHA is a form of CAPTCHA, which is a technology that differentiates between robots and human users. CAPTCHA is an acronym for “Completely Auto Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”. CAPTCHA technology comes in 2009 and then later rebranded it as reCAPTCHA. They also made it easier for human users to easily pass the test.