A franchise is a good investment, and once you start gaining customers who patronize your products, you’ll receive a continuous flow of good income. Building your location franchise website is a great idea nowadays because of digital technology. But how much does it cost to build a website that involves franchising?
In this post, you’ll learn the cost and profit associated with building a franchise website.
Cost to Build a Website
The cost to build a website depends on your needs, and it ranges between $100 and $500. For a custom-built and feature-rich website, the price can go up to $30,000 or more. For building a small website or as a start-up, you’ll need a budget for the domain name or URL, as well as the web hosting services. Also, the price of the website depends on the goals and budget you have.
Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you can build your website, such as a franchise website, and you get expert tips from online franchise resources, such as franchiseknowhow.com, to make your site stand out from the rest. The types of franchise websites you can create include franchise directories, franchise education or training, and franchising blog sites.
Here are the things you need to know when building a franchise website to avoid overspending:
- Domain Name: It’s your website address on the web or what online users type into web browsers to access your sites, such as IsItWP.com or Google.com. Once you have a domain name, you can use it as the name of your website for a whole year and renew your domain if you want to keep the name for your website on the domain name registrar.
- Website Builder: Some examples of website builders include WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. For new or advanced developers, a website builder is needed to create a website for stunning web design, allowing you to add essential features, such as plug-ins and search engine optimization or SEO tags. WordPress is the top choice of most website owners. It is an open source and free software, giving you complete control over your franchise website.
- Web Hosting: This is your website’s home where you store the files and content of your website. The various types of web hosting services include shared hosting, cheap hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and cloud hosting.
Cost to Build a Small Website
If you need to build a location franchise website that serves as a portfolio to highlight your products and services, like a business card type, then you need a small website.
Here are the good-to-know facts about building a small website:
- For a small site, the cost of a domain name is $14.99 a year and around $7.99 per month for web hosting, which gives a total $110.87 a year.
- You can save on the cost by choosing a free WordPress theme and free plugins from the repository of WordPress, such as WPForms Lite to build a contact form, Yoast SEO to improve your WordPress search engine optimization, and Akismet to avoid spam comments.
Cost to Build a Custom-Built Franchise Website
While the installation of a pre-built WordPress theme provides a more convenient way to build a new website, you can give your site a unique look by creating a custom WordPress theme. You can do it on your own or hire a developer. The rates of web developers differ, and WordPress developers usually range from $20 to $100 per hour.
Cost to Build an Advanced Website
The more features of plugins you need, the higher the cost of building an advanced website, ranging from $500 to $1,000 a year. Of course, if you’ll collect user data and payments, you need to invest in tight security features. Siteground, a web hosting company, usually offers premium features, such as faster performance, staging, and the ability to handle thousands of web visitors a month.
Profit of Building a Franchise Website
When you’re still starting, you can hardly notice a good return on investment. However, once you have incorporated digital marketing strategies, like content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, and email marketing, your ROI would double or even triple depending on your efforts, money, and time you’ve invested.
To be a successful location franchise website owner, you should know your options, such as the type of web host and features you need. You don’t necessarily need all the bells and whistles of an advanced or premium website. Know what you currently need and for the next one to two years. The cost of building a new website ranges from a few hundred to thousands of dollars, depending on the type of franchise website you want to build, like a portfolio website, small or basic website, or fully-operational website.