According to a statistical report, about 73 percent of adults in the United States use YouTube, so it’s considered as the most popular online platform in the country. This is why YouTube is a powerful video marketing platform where you can promote your products and services while providing entertainment, help, and support to your target audience. In this post, you’ll learn more about the power of YouTube and how you can use it for your business marketing and promotion.
Unleash The Power Of YouTube For Business Marketing
Boost Your Branding With YouTube
While your website is the core foundation of your online presence, your YouTube channel is considered an extension to market your business. Customizing your channel can help you attract more customers and increase people’s awareness about your brand.
A Great YouTube identity
This is why it’s crucial to establish a great YouTube identity by checking out this quick, helpful guide for YouTube business marketing:
- Consistent Chanel Name: Create a consistent channel name across all media platforms, most especially YouTube, because all videos you will be publishing will bear this name.
- Upload a Stunning Channel Icon: Just like the profile picture you see in Facebook, it’s essential to have an appealing YouTube channel icon, such as a professional headshot or company logo. Make it unique and choose the background color wisely. For instance, you can follow blue, gold, or red as the lucky colors of the year. Users can easily identify you through your channel icon. Upload a round or square image 800 x 800 pixels in size, as recommended by Google.
- Upload Appealing Channel Art: Make your videos more appealing by uploading an image that’s 2560 x 1440 pixels in size for your channel art. It should be well-scaled across different devices, such as smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Short and Sweet YouTube Trailer: Keep your YouTube trailer around 30 seconds up to a minute, and never exceed. It should show what your channel is all about and a short message to encourage viewers to subscribe.
- Integrate Your Social Media Accounts: Don’t forget to link your YouTube channel to your website and other social media accounts. This increases the power of YouTube marketing, so you can connect with your subscribers anywhere. You can do this on the “About” section of your YouTube channel.
Attract More Viewers Through Your Thumbnails
While a thumbnail may seem not that impactful, it actually plays a crucial role in attracting more viewers for your YouTube videos. What is a YouTube thumbnail? It’s a clickable image, which is the first thing that online viewers see when they are browsing YouTube.
Similar to how you improve the curb appeal of your home to stand out from the neighborhood and get compliments from your guests and visitors, it’s also important to make your YouTube thumbnail attractive to draw in more viewers to watch your videos. But how do you do it?
Here are some helpful tips to make well-designed thumbnails for YouTube business marketing:
- Follow Proper YouTube Thumbnail Sizing and Dimensions: The image of a great thumbnail is 1280 x 720 pixels in size. Go for a larger size that you can scale down instead of choosing a smaller size to ensure a high-quality thumbnail.
- Use Quality Photos as Your Thumbnail’s Background: Grab the viewer’s attention by uploading a high-quality picture. It serves as a teaser of what your video is all about, at the same time familiarizing your audience with your style.
- Add Text Headings: Giving viewers a glimpse of what your video is all about can be improved by adding text headings. You can number the thumbnails if you’re creating a series like a TV show.
- Consistent Font Style: Create strong visuals and communicate with viewers quickly by being consistent with the font style, as well as using appealing colors and strong overall design. Choose an easy-to-read font such as “gothic” or sans serif. Also, heavyweight or bold fonts are a great choice.
Create the Best YouTube Video to Market Your Business
Set a goal before you start shooting. The success of your YouTube marketing relies on the relevance, entertainment level, and effectiveness of your videos. You would want to show your target audience the importance of your products and services by sharing your knowledge, expertise, personal stories, and what other people say about your business.
By knowing the different types of videos you can film for your YouTube channel, you’ll be able to attract more audience to your channel and to your website. Of course, it would mean an increase in site traffic and potential sales.
Before You Make Your Next YouTube Video To Business Marketing
- Case Studies and Project Reviews: Including case study findings and results can help boost your credibility and show your authority as a thought-leader in the business niche you belong to.
- Customer Testimonial Videos: Help build your credibility and good reputation by uploading interview videos of testimonials from satisfied customers.
- YouTube Live: Similar to Facebook Live, this allows the broadcasting of live content to the public without edited or filtered content, which attracts more audience members in providing real-time feedback.
- Tutorial or Explainer Videos: Explainer videos are in-depth videos explaining how to use a product or various parts of a product or service. Tutorials can be used to answer customer support questions or explain a new product feature.
- Influencer Interviews: Influencers are usually thought-leaders who can amplify the credibility of your business. You can interview professors, advocate leaders, or famous personalities in your local area to boost your local business.
- Event Videos: If you’re attending a trade fair, expo, or conference, you can upload videos of the event to show how excited you are in sharing them with your audience.
- Video Blogs: Document your everyday life events through video blogs. Make sure to upload videos with digestible content, which reflects the content of your blog posts.
How to Market Your YouTube Videos to Promote Your Business
Using the power of YouTube on marketing your business using video marketing entails a lot of hard work if you want your videos to go viral, or at least capture the hearts and minds of your target audience. Of course, everybody is welcome to watch your videos, but you want to attract and gain more potential customers to avail of your products and services. So, how do you promote your YouTube videos in order to promote your business?
Tips and Tricks For Unleash The Power Of YouTube When Marketing Your Business
- Adopt SEO Strategies for Optimization: Make sure that the title and description of your YouTube channel are search-engine-optimized. So viewers can easily see your videos at the top of search results. This is why it’s important to learn YouTube SEO to become visible on the top results or first few pages of YouTube, Google, and other search engines.
- Feature Real People: Instead of having pure text or a slideshow format for your videos or graphic designs. Feature real people in your videos to create a positive impact. It’s a great way of sharing how people perceive and use your products. How happy your customers are when using your services. Using animated faces can also do the trick, most especially if your target audience is of a younger demographic.
- Include CTAs: Don’t forget to tell viewers what you want them to do next after watching your video. Including calls-to-action or CTAs in all your videos. It will help boost your conversion rate, leads, and revenue.
- Make It Shareable: Producing videos regularly and making a video series can help increase brand awareness. Don’t forget to make your videos shareable by creating a playlist that features your videos. Check the “Video Manager” option of your YouTube Studio account and check your YouTube privacy settings. Choose “Videos” and select “Public” under “Visibility” to make the video viewable and shareable with others.
- Add a Subscribe Button: One great way to build your audience is to add a subscribe button on your website.
Things You Need to Create Great YouTube Videos
While you can use your smartphone to take videos, having reliable video production equipment to produce your videos is important. The basic things you need to prepare before filming your next YouTube video for business marketing include a camera. Tripod, lighting, microphone, and video editing software. Here are some tips when choosing the right video production equipment before creating YouTube videos:
- Camera: If you’re still starting out, you can use quality camcorders or webcams. Mirrorless and DSLRs are great investments perfect for an upgrade once you’re ready. Webcams are plug-and-play video cameras that are very affordable and reliable are perfect for live streaming. On the other hand, camcorders are video recorders that are lightweight and suitable for any shooting situation.
- Microphone: Purchase an external microphone so viewers can clearly hear what you’re explaining or saying in your videos. Built-in camera or phone microphones tend to have bad quality due to ambient sounds. You can choose from USB, label, or shotgun microphones.
- Tripod: Maintain steady footage with a tripod. Viewers can easily get distracted with so many movements on videos, making them leave your channel. So it’s worth buying a tripod or even a Gimbal stabilizer for professional video production.
Conclusion Of The Power Of YouTube When Marketing Your Business
YouTube is a very powerful online marketing strategy for small and medium-sized businesses or SMEs, as well as large companies or corporations. It creates a fair competition for any kind and any size of business. Your business can benefit from YouTube marketing by optimizing the elements of your channel to rank in search results.
Upload videos consistently to increase your views and subscribers and increases the power of YouTube on marketing your business. However, make sure that your videos are not overly advertorial. Focus on inspiring, helping, and entertaining viewers instead of directly promoting your products and services. In this way, you’ll attain your marketing goals and make your business thrive, grow, and become more successful.