Firstly, a fast website provides a better user experience than a slow one. Research has shown time and again that people don’t buy as much from slower sites. Users don’t read or engage as much on slower sites. That in itself is enough reason to make sure the speed of your site is as good as can be. So, in this optimization article, we’ll share and explore the top tools and suggestions to improve your website speed and performance.
Top Tools To Improve Website Speed
Moreover, website speed is one of the factors which determines whether you get a good ranking in Google. As a result, improve website speed tools are a ranking factor, and its importance keeps growing.
How Tools Check Your Website Speed?
Here are just a few of the common ways websites speed test tools are used:
- Secondly, checking minification of your scripts
- Finding large images resulting in bottlenecks
- Testing Time to First Byte (TTFB)
- Analyzing total load times, page sizes, and number of requests
- Checking performance from different geographical locations
- Checking rendering speed in different browsers
- Analyzing HTTP Headers to collect info and improve site speed
- Measuring the performance of your content delivery network
- Finally, verifying that assets are loading correctly from your CDN
The Best Options To Measurement
Let’s try the following tools to test the time taken to load the web page globally, excluding China. They all give you actionable information along with the following to optimize your website for fast loading.
- Time is taken to load the page
- Page size
- Number of requests made to load the page
- YSlow score
- PageSpeed Score
- Waterfall chart
So, Let’s see the website speed test tools
- Firstly, Website Audit
- Secondly, Dotcom-Monitor
- Speed Test by Uptrends
- SUCURI Load Time Tester
- Web page test
- Website Pulse
- Finally, Site 24×7
Content Delivery Network CDN
CDNs cache the content from your website on multiple servers in different locations. As a result, the CDN delivers content to your site visitors through the server that is closest to them, bouncing to the next closest server if the closest server is down.
Top WordPress Plugins to Improve Site Speed
- WP Rocket – Very powerful, but hard to customize. Designed to be simple – very few configuration options. No free option.
- W3 Total Cache – extremely powerful, and extremely flexible. Designed to be comprehensive. Hundreds of checkboxes and options.
- WP Optimize – A good middle ground, with basic full page caching, and some sophisticated database + media optimization tools.
- WP Super Cache – Finally, a basic solution which offers full page caching, but lacks other/advanced optimization techniques.