Use WP-DB Manager to Implement WordPress Database Management
See this guide with tips to use the WP-DB Manager plugin to implement WordPress database management that makes the task easier for the user
As the name suggests, the WP-DB Manager plug-in is a featured WordPress database plugin, which makes the task easier for the user to access the database from the WP dashboard. The WP-DB Manager plugin is a featured WordPress database plugin that makes the job easier for the user to access the database directly from the WP dashboard. See this guide with tips for using the WP-DB Manager plugin to implement WordPress database management.
The best part of using this plugin is that the UI of it is designed for even non-technical users to understand the features quickly.
This plug-in has various features which you may have to use occasionally for a wide range of purposes. You may install and activate the plug-in to start using it. You can find the download link in the WordPress plugin repository. Once activated, you can access the setting and customize it to start using the plugin from the WP dashboard.
WP-DB Manager Features for WordPress Database Management
The Major Features of The WP-DB Manager Plugin Are:
- Database: You can explore all the details of your database here, as the table names and the index usage. The best part is that anyone can quickly find out the apt table using the records. With the help of this feature, you can easily understand what makes your database so bulky. You can also find which other plug-ins add too many records to your WP database and take the necessary actions.
- Backup database: This is another top feature of WP-DB Manager, which will let you take the backup of your site database. You can gZip the files or also take an uncompressed backup. However, we recommend using gZip when the database is large.
- Manage the backed-up database: Going to these features, you can the whole backed-up databases here and download the needed. You may also use this feature to restore the blog from the existing database. However, your backup may go incomplete without downloading and installing the WP-content folder through FTP.
- Optimize database: It will help you to optimize the database for your website or blog. You can control the selection or deselecting of the tables that you don’t want to be optimizing.
- Repair database: You may also notice times that your site homepage shows no content, as if it is corrupted. You can instantly repair your database and restore the content using the Repair DB features.
Other Features of WP-BD for WordPress Database Management:
- Empty Drop tables: This is a unique feature in WP-DB Manager, which helps to empty records of any data table or to remove the table itself from the database. It is advised to be careful while using this feature, or you may end up breaking your web page. It can be ideally used when you have to remove specific log entries from existing plug-ins.
- Run SQL Queries: While there is a need to run an SQL query, this unique feature will help you to run it from your dashboard itself.
- DB Options: This is where you can custom configure your backup feature along with the paths for the backup of your database. It is possible to custom configure how frequently your data should be backed up.
Along with the features cited in the guide, you can configure the WordPress database management plugin WP-DB by following as described on RemoteDBA.com.
More important WP-DB plugins
As we know, the features of one of the top WordPress database management. Let’s further discuss some of the other top databases suggested by the experts. The database is the lifeblood of any WP site, which stores, processes, and structures, so the DBAs need to know the maximum possibilities to choose the best.
A database consists of all the revised blog posts, web page articles, comments, user roles, and all other crucial business information.
Further, in this article, we will go through the top WP database plug-ins which will help improve the user experience. The main thing to remember is that the database is the backbone of any application. And it is also important for any company to ensure a proper database administration process for success.
1. WP Database Search & Replace
This is one of the top premium plugins available in the market. WordPress Database Search & Replace plugin is a new release that uses the most updated technology in creating robust database functionalities.
It was a hit for large databases. It can perform an instant database restore and backup, mass-replace text and URLs, change table prefixes, run SQL queries, and import data from other databases.
This plugin also has a very clean and clear design and an easy-to-use screen with replacing import and export features. Also, compared to similar free plugins, WP Database Search & Replace is speedy.
RegeX is another premium database plugin, considered by experts to be one of the most competent login and user management plugins. With advanced technologies like PHP7, HTML5, and Ajax, RegeX innovates a secure login optimized for speed.
Two free plug-ins from RegeX, ImageX, and DbackupeX help you do one-click backups and restore WordPress database management.
Some additional benefits of RegeX also include front and back-end user management, pre-made support and contact pages, customized 404 page, password security, database auto clean, email templates, and supporting various languages.
As we had seen earlier in the case of the WP-DB WordPress database manager, this plugin stores every piece of information about your website and other plug-ins.
It includes but is not limited to comments, plugin configuration files, theme configuration files, and more. WP-Optimize also helps to store the post revisions.
The advanced database operations through this plug-in may take some time to execute if there is a lot of clutter in the WordPress database.
WP-Optimize is also a magic plugin that takes good care of the database. It features great database cleanup and optimization tools.
Concluding About WordPress Database Management
There is more to discuss regarding user-friendly WordPress database management; however, we have our restrictions here in this guide. As each user’s needs and priorities will differ, you need first to draw out a customized DB plan and then consider the most suitable database plug-in to use.