As the name suggests, WP-DB Manager plug-in is a featured WordPress database plugin, which makes the task easier for the user to access the database right from the WP dashboard. The best part of using this plugin is that the UI of it is designed for even the non-technical users to quickly understand the features and get things done right from there without getting overwhelmed about the technical steps involved.
This plug-in has various features which you may have to use once in a while for a wide range of purposes. You may simply install and activate the plug-in to start using it. You can find the download link at the WordPress plugin repository. Once it gets activated, you can next access the setting and do the customization to start using the plugin right from the WP dashboard.
WP-DB Manager features
The major features of the WP-DB Manager plug-in are:
- Database: You can explore all the details of your database here as the table names and the index usage. The best part is that anyone can quickly find out the apt table using the records. With the help of this feature, you can easily understand as to what makes your database so bulky. You can also find which other plug-ins are adding too many records to your WP database and take necessary actions.
- Backup database: This is another top feature of WP-DB Manager, which will let you take the backup of your site database. You can gZip the files or also take an uncompressed backup. However, it’s recommended to do gZip when the database size is considerably big.
- Manage the backed up database: Going to this features, you can the whole backed up databases here and download the needed. You may also use this feature in order to restore the blog from the existing database. However, your backup may go incomplete without downloading and installing the WP-content folder through FTP.
- Optimize database: It will help you to optimize the database for your website or blog. You can control the selection of de-selection of the tables which you don’t want to get optimized.
- Repair database: You may also notice times that your site homepage is showing no content at all as if it is corrupted. Using the Repair DB features, you can instantly repair your database and restore the content.
- Empty Drop tables: This is a unique feature in WP-DB Manager, which helps to empty records of any data table or to remove the table itself from the database simply. It is advised to be careful while using this feature or you may end up in breaking your web page. It can be ideally used when you have to remove specific log entries from existing plug-ins.
- Run SQL Queries: While there is a need to run an SQL query, this unique feature will help you to run it from your dashboard itself.
- DB Options: This is where you can custom configure your backup feature along with the paths for backup of your database. It is possible to custom configure how frequent your data should be backed up. You can also set automated data optimization and repair also. However, it is not advisable to always use the repair and optimize features.
Along with these features, you can also custom configure the WP-DB plugin as described at RemoteDBA.com to take automatic data backup also.
Other top WordPress DB plugins
As we know the features of one of the top WordPress database, let’s further discuss some of the other top databases suggested by the experts. The database is the lifeblood of any WP site, which store, process, and structure, so it is important for the DBAs to know about maximum possibilities in order to choose the best.
A database consists of all the revised blog posts, web page articles, comments, user roles, and all other crucial business information. Further, in this article, we will go through the top WP database plug-ins which will help improve the user experience. The primary thing to keep in mind is that the database is the backbone of any application and it is important for any business to ensure a proper database administration process for success.
WP Database Search & Replace
This is one of the top premium plugins available in the market. WordPress Database Search & Replace plugin is a new release, which uses the most updated technology in creating robust database functionalities. It is successfully tested for huge databases and also has the capability to do instant database restore and backup, mass replacement of text and URLs, changing table prefixes, running SQL queries, and also importing data from other databases. This plugin also has a very clean and clear design and an easy-to-use screen with replacing import and export features. Also compared to the similar free plugins, WP Database Search & Replace is really fast.
RegeX is another premium database plugin, which is considered by experts to be one of the most competent login and user management plugin. With the use of advanced technologies like PHP7, HTML5, and Ajax, RegeX innovates a very secure login which is optimized for speed. There are two free plug-ins also from RegeX as ImageX and DbackupeX, which help you to do one-click backups and restoration of databases. Some additional benefits of RegeX also include front and back-end user management, pre-made support and contact pages, customized 404 page, password security, database auto clean, email templates, and supporting various languages.
As we had seen earlier in the case of WP-DB WordPress database manager, this plugin to stores every single piece of information about your website and other plug-ins. It includes, but not limited to comments, plugin configuration files, theme configuration files and more. WP-Optimize also helps to store the post revisions. The advanced database operations through this plug-in may take some time to execute if there is a lot of clutter in the WordPress database. WP-Optimize is also considered to a magic plugin which also takes good care of the database. It features great database cleanup and optimization tools. Using WP-Optimize, you can fully optimize your DB with a wide range of options like enabling or disabling the trackbacks on blog posts and clearing the auto drafts.
In fact, there are more to discuss as it comes to user-friendly WordPress databases; however, we have our own restrictions here. As the needs and priorities of each user will be different, you need first to draw out a customized DB plan and then consider the most suitable database plug-in to use.