A website is one of the most effective tools that businesses should utilize for their growth. It’s where you entice potential customers to land when you want to market your products and services to them directly. Plus, it has a broader reach than other advertising methods at affordable startup costs. To improve your brand’s visibility and authority, here are a couple of tips on creating a powerful website design:
Creating a Powerful Website Design
1 – Improve Site Speed For a Powerful Website
With so many distractions waiting to pounce on your target audience, you have to make sure that they stay on your website once they click on your link. One way to increase the likelihood that they’ll stick around to read what you have to say is to improve your site speed. Site speed refers to the time it takes for your page to load. A slow domain will only put off potential customers, so you have to optimize elements such as images and text to load as soon as a client lands on your site.
Some tips to boost site speed include:
- Page Caching – Caching is the process of storing the page as a static file to make it more accessible once the user requests for that particular data.
- Image Compression – Compressing images means reducing the file size of images you have on your site to improve its loading time. There are plenty of tools online that can automatically perform this process to create a powerful website.
- Choosing the Right Theme – Aside from creating an excellent layout, this web development company recommends developing interactive content to improve awareness for your brand. A responsive theme is a way to go because it makes your page load fast no matter what device your visitors use, resulting in better user engagement and experience.
- Database Optimization – Your database contains your website content, settings, and user information and sends it to end users on your site. You should start optimizing it by keeping the information funnel clear through cleaning out inactive posts.
2 – Make the Most of Visual Hierarchy
Visual hierarchy is the practice of arranging the elements of your website, such as the font size, color, position, and white space, to emphasize your primary point per page. It’s crucial for you to complement your call to action by directing the eyes of your readers to what you want them to do using these visual factors.
This is how you highlight the central theme of your landing page for a powerful website:
- Use a large font size.
- Position the text at the top of the window.
- Pick a color that stands out from the general palette of the page.
- Add an eye-catching graphic or video, which is one of the cutting-edge web design trends right now.
- Make it stick out from other text with white space.
3 – Stick to Minimalism for a Powerful Website
While you should utilize and incorporate the elements mentioned above on your website, remember to keep everything in moderation. In addition, overdoing it will result in visual clutter, which will confuse or, worse, put off your customers. Moreover, avoid giving your visitors a lot of tasks to complete. Lessen your menu items and form fields, and focus on only one call to action with one goal per page.
A Google study found that users dislike visual complexity. Here are some ways to simplify your site:
- Eliminate the Sidebar – instead of having your readers click for every information they want on the sidebar. Make the process easier for them by removing this element and creating a very long page. This way, they can scroll through your content. So, allowing them to scan everything, which increases the likelihood that they’ll get your message for a powerful website.
- Opt for Familiar Layouts – You may be tempted to think that a quirky nonstandard site design. So, it will make your domain stand out from competitors. However, people are drawn to simple layouts with icons and effects that they understand. Choosing a typical web structure will also improve the way they navigate your site.
4 – Focus on Readability
Readability is the ease by which users can recognize and comprehend text on your website. By making this factor a priority, you ensure that your users can scan your site. Without difficulty and retain the information you want them to remember. With this, take advantage of the best contrasting colors, font size, and typeface for your brand.
Websites are essential in providing potential customers. With first-hand information on your business details such as your office location, phone numbers, and email address. Plus, it also allows you to build credibility in your chosen niche by being a reliable source of knowledge. With the right content and search engine optimization strategies. You can establish your authority in your industry using your domain and a powerful website.